It was an awful experience:
- Our stay was for 5 nights and for whole stay we had 4 towels in total, no cleaning, no changing towels, no changing linen, not additional toilet paper.
We requested it after 3 days but Ricardo from hotel didn't do anything.
- We were 4 adults and we had one double bed and one bed bunk.
Bunk bed was in the bad condition, loosened, shaking with every little move I had. I thought I will fall down at any moment.
The person below was also expecting bunk bed to fall apart and we both to have serious injuries.
We requested to change the room but they didn't want to do that. Instead they added one mattress on the bed in living room which was a bit better but still the bed was small and not regular bed.
- In addition to that the person who was sleeping in the living room was right under Air conditioning which had to operate all the time because it was 45 degrees outside.
- Two persons in double bed were sleeping also right under A/C.
- The apartment was also very dirty. There are some dirty ladies pants behind the washing machine. Stain and dirt in the living room.
- Chairs were in bad conditions as well loosened.
- Shower cabin is extremely small, you cannot turn around
- Wi Fi was not working at all. Connected but no data. Not recommended for anyone!!!!
I spent 3 nights in Sol Mayor Apartments in Apr 2015. This is one of the best location in Madrid for the sightseeing. I stayed in a room in the top with opened and large balcony with great view of the city.
My trip there was for business, many people would choose one out of the center city due to the traffic but Sol Mayor Apartments is just right at the Sol Metro and buses. It's also a good place for walking and hanging out around.
The room is not very large but it's clean and what do you expect for a budget amount. The staffs were very helpful and some of them can speak English
The only good thing about this apartment is the location . There isn't anything else I can think of.
We booked a three bedroom but we were told that it was not available. We were assigned two apartments instead. This was not what we wanted so we decided to leave the next day. I stayed in a two bedroom apartment and there was only one small air con. The air con was so weak that i felt hot for the whole night.
If you are driving, you should stay outside the city as finding a car park nearby depends solely on your luck.
In terms of the quality of furnishing and room presentation the room was decent, it is obvious the owners are trying to present and maintain a clean and comfortable environment; unfortunately, as it pertains to service this hotel is severely lacking. I made my booking through Hotels.com, and none of the descriptions of the room matched my experience. First, there was no one at the hotel when we arrived, we had to find a pay phone and call the manager then wait for him to send his friend. His friend did not have a credit card machine and argued that we should pay in cash. Eventually, he left and came back 2 hours later with the machine, at roughly 10:30 pm. Next, there was no city view in the room as indicated nor was there a deep-soaking bathtub (as indicated under included in all rooms). When I attempted to launch a formal complaint the owners English abilities were suddenly too bad to understand me (he kept telling me leave your keys on the table to check out). So I switched to Spanish and told him it was not proper to leave the front desk unattended before 10pm (as indicated on Hotels.com), his excuse, "it was Saturday night." Needless to say, I do not recommend this hotel for anyone who desires service, does not have a cell phone while in Spain, and cannot speak Spanish.