When we arrived at the Martinez, our room was not ready, we had to wait until 4 p.m. to finally get back to our room, my husband got angry at the reception and the receptionist told us that if we were not happy we could go in. another hotel, that the price we were paying was not the normal price,
when we arrived in the room there was a smell of cigar and given the welcome we did not dare to come back to discuss with this receptionist, we thought of extending our stay but we preferred to leave to receive a warm welcome
When we arrived by car, we parked in the hotel parking lot to unload our suitcases, we had been greeted by a really not nice member of staff, he asked us to leave this parking lot without even asking us if we were customers , indeed we had a small rental car while there was a very nice car in this parking lot, so we went to park somewhere else and when we finally arrived at the hotel, the young man apologized because he thought that we were not a client, all he had to do was ask us !!!
we did not like the decoration of our room, the cleaning was not impeccable, there was no bottle of gel on each floor, too many people at the hotel beach, insufficient breakfast
Truely amazing hotel. We stayed there for 6 days at the end of August, beggining of September and we are very happy to have chosen this beautiful hotel for our first couples' vacation this year. Taking into consideration the new global situation, we felt extremely safe during our stay. All the staff is very well trained and respect all the anti covid measures. Everyone is very "high customer service" orientated, extremely friendly and always helpfull. The cleanliness of this hotel makes it one of my favourites in the whole world :) The view is truely mazing, especially if you choose the sea view room and you have the chance to be located at a higher floor. The food is great. I'm sorry that we didn't get the chance to try the 2 star Michelin restaurant ( due to the covid situation and the table arrangements, it was quite impossible for us to book a table in the 2 days opening time) , but is defietly a must for our next visit! For sure, this hotel is the best choice if you wish to experience the real French Riviera feeling. In love , so so in love and we promiss to be back every single summer for the rest of our lives. Thank you, Hotel Martinez for a holiday that we will always cherish and for making us love Cannes even more! Congratulations are in order for the entire management team and for all of you that are dedicated to your work at The Martinez, Cannes. P.S. Actually, The Martinez is not just a hotel, The Martinez is a feeling !
It's said you get what you pay for, and never more true than our stay at the Hotel Martinez, in the heart of beautiful Cannes.
Yes, the hotel is expensive - but reassuringly so - but try finding a decent hotel in Cannes that isn't! Especially in a prime beach-front location that the Martinez is blessed with. It's a truly beautiful, breathtaking and classic hotel steeped in glamour and the history of Cannes evident at every turn.
The room was tastefully decorated with a subtle nautical feel, very spacious with a generous balcony looking out to the sea and the town.
We loved the garden terrace which overlooked the beach, used for the lovely relaxing breakfast (generously served until 12 midday) and also perfect for both sun downers and al -fresco dining.
The private beach and restaurant were spacious, well-organised and very relaxing - well worth the 45 euros per day charge, with super comfy sun-loungers and sumptuous towels.
I have to say the amazing staff at the Martinez totally made our stay. A truly outstanding team of polite, helpful and charming people who would go out of their way to make very day as perfect as possible. I'd like to thank them all for their efforts, but would like to extend special thanks to Carla, Diego, Olivier, Thibois, Rita and Lea at the beach club. Lea was a stand-out ambassador for the Martinez, and such a star!
We loved the Martinez and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.
Our experience here was so disappointing. We were looking forward to it a lot and the hotel is an over-priced let down. You’ll leave feeling like you’ve been swindled. I cannot understand why this hotel gets good reviews. It’s pricey (550 per night for the cheapest room) and for that, it’s reasonable to expect something a bit special.
- The housekeeping staff are very nice.
- The location is fine along the main strip and across the road from the hotel’s beach (more on that little gem below..)
- The room was comfortable, albeit small. Nowhere for luggage etc.
- As a guest of the hotel, you can’t actually access said beach without paying 40-70 euros (!) per day per sun-lounger. Given the main photograph on the website is of the hotel’s private beach, you are being missold my friends.
- The breakfast experience is woefully bad. I’d liken it to a chaotic buffet in a packed airport. You have to be a woman on a mission to get anyone’s attention to order such things as a coffee or a glass to drink from. Queued up for 10-15 minutes for some flabby anaemic toast, soggy eggs and warm smoked salmon that tasted like it had been sat around all morning. They also have a really lovely system where they reserve the “best” breakfast tables for, presumably, the highest paying guests. On being shown to our table this morning, I asked to sit on an empty table next to the water fountain a couple of metres away. I was told it was reserved, only for the table to be unoccupied for the entire 45 minutes we were there (it was of course offered to a couple who came in after us but they chose a different table - nice service, Hyatt).
- It’s 48 euros a day for valet parking (which is slow and inefficient). We had emailed the hotel prior to our stay and had been told parking was free of charge. On check out, obviously it had been added to the bill. A debate ensued (which is always a nice way to end one’s stay) as well as a debate about the 140 euros they’d added for some sunloungers we hadn’t used. To be fair they were fine about the latter and eventually reluctantly dealt with the former.
- There’s no pool, and even if there was they’d probably charge you to use it.
Needless to say we will not be returning, and I now that I’ve written this review I’ll be gladly moving on from the whole sorry experience.