First i was a little bit scared as you have to cross a tiny pathway just next to Moulin Rouge at Pigalle.
But Francois is a perfect houselord with stylish appartment : duplex perfect for two full families, frigo packed, shiny living room and cosy neighborhood. For those who want to experience Paris, not just visit!
We visited with kids of 7-14 ages and they loved the place. Thx !
We find this accommodation during a very busy week in Paris where no hotel room where available at normal price. I booked it thanks to homelidays the day before. Being in the area, we went to visit the place in advance. We were amazed by the warm welcome from the owner and how easy the reservation was organised. The website is also extremely well documented (floor plan etc ) ... no surprise.
The actual stay was brilliant - location is perfect in a quiet side alley with full Paris life just 2 min away, "la suite" is very well appointed, all in order and romantic in a nice and authentic way. ... highly recommended.
A friend and I were travelling and needed 2 bedrooms and cooking facilities and found Loft through another site but checked credentials through TA. Everything ran smoothly and effortlessly from booking and paying deposit in Australia, to checking in in Paris. Billy (our contact) was so accomodating when our flight was delayed by more than 8 hours - he got up in the wee small hours of the morning to check us in, he carried both our suitcases up the many stairs, and was friendly when telling us everything we need to know. Throughout our stay nothing was too much for Billy or Franscoise. Everything was clean, and we had everything we needed. Great location for transport to all areas - and French transport (bus, rail, metro) is so easy (there are free apps to make navigating so easy). Please do not be put off by people telling you the area is not good - it is safe! Would highly recommend this place to anyone.
I'm a late-40's guy who needed a place to stay in Paris at the last minute, and I kinda randomly found the Loft on booking.com. Bottom line: it was great, would totally stay here again.
I had a shared room with 3 people I had never met before. I went to sleep before them and was a bit worried about them showing up wasted and loud at 3 AM but in reality they could not have been more considerate. So:
- crazy cheap
- awesome location, 5 min from Belleville metro, 20 min walk from Tourist Central
- super clean and professionally run (I wasn't sure if this would be the case)
- ultra friendly staff and overall friendly atmosphere
- there's a small bar at the reception area
- OK breakfast included
- solid Wifi (which is not a given in Europe!)
- it's true this place is somewhat noisy - not in an obnoxious way, probably unavoidable when you have a few dozen under 30's crammed together. I wouldn't say it was a problem. But I wouldn't say it was quiet, either ;)
We stayed for 4 nights in September 2014, in the suite.
We were met by Billy. He was great, informative, friendly and offered any assistance we might need.
As we climbed the entrance stairs, the mouldy smell and poor decoration of the building filled us with dread. When Billy opened the door to the suite we warmed very quickly. It's old and tired, but it's clean and comfortable and has everything one needs. TV, microwave, plenty of towels, internet radio, DVD player, comfortable couches. A few things are broken and the door to the shower catches on the radiator. Nothing major.
Billy was kind enough to stock the fridge with essentials, and there are cooking ingredients left by previous occupants.
The bed was comfortable, the wi-fi was excellent. Location is great, adjacent to the Moulin Rouge and a short walk to cafes, restaurants, bars, metro and tour buses. I loved the suite and its location. Reminds me of a city pad as a teenager.
With this glowing review, I'm hesitant to mention that there was alot of noise from 2 sources:
1. The room upstairs. It must have timber flooring. The person walked around constantly in hard soled shoes, 2am, 4am, 6am, 8am....... I'm a heavy sleeper, but couldn't sleep through that noise.
2. There must be a small renovation going on next door. We couldn't see it, but were woken every morning at 8am to the sound of a hammer, like it was chipping away at plaster, on the wall next to our bed.
This place deserves a rating of 'excellent', especially given the value for money, but it was let down by the noise we experienced.