The beach is pretty- seaweed was in abundance so noone could get in the water. The pools were beautiful and well maintained. Pool & bar staff was friendly & helpful.
The food wasn't good. We enjoyed the Satsu sushi/ habachi. There were only 2 watiers for the whole area. We had to flag someone down for drink refills.
We tried Flavours for lunch; the salad bar meat was competely frozen- hard as a rock. The crab/shrimp station was also completely frozen. We got there at noon and 1/2 the food wasn't out or ready. The fried rice was soo hot it burned my mouth. The fries and fruit were decent.
Agua bandita- the steaks were tough and we had to ask for sharper knives to even cut them.
Olios- not sure why this is called mediteranian. I ordered the lasagna but it was more like beef strogenoff with mushroom soup. Flavor was def overlooked at this place.
Vistas Snack BAr- the chicken sandwich wasn't fresh and came with 8- YES, 8- french fries.
The waiters at most restuarants act put-out when you try to order and aren't very attentive.
Drinks tasted watered down.
Lots of improvement needed, we won't be back to visit.
I loved this resort! My boyfriend and I visited in mid June and the weather was wonderful. Service was amazing. I’ll start with the best bartenders/servers/workers and their location.
- JC: THE BEST SERVER. He busts his butt to get your drinks so tip him good💸. He’s very good at English, travels to the US often so it was easy to have conversation with him and connect. When you connect well with the workers they will do more for your satisfaction and make sure you are taken care of! I recommend getting to know JC!
- Abraham & Lalo: BEST BARTENDERS. They are by far the most experienced and poised bartenders, you will be able to tell just by taking one sip of your drink and by watching them prepare it for you. Make sure to ask for the Abraham special 🍸. They mostly reside at Limes bar and the Corner bar which are only open 6:00-1:00pm.
- Luis: Very good bartender & very communicative! Once you get to know him he will make sure to take care of you and keep you happy! He resides mainly at voramor bar by the long pool side!
- Eduardo: Very good bartender at moons cabaret! I could ask him to make me anything and he did it with ease! Moon cabaret was very fun for the bumping and grinding (dancing haha). 💃🏼 🕺🏻
- Yair, Paola, & Paco: BEST FITNESS INSTRUCTORS AND FRIENDS! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️If you go, make sure to hang around these folks daily, they have the most exciting energy and include everyone in the fitness fun! They are in charge of putting together all the fitness activities, games and fun at the resort! We played volleyball, paddle-boarding balancing workouts and morning beach runs with them! We also just got to know them and they are amazing people who deserve more praise.
- Adrian: this young man was our sail boat instructor, he was very experienced, I felt very comfortable with him leading the boat and we had a lot of good laughs out on the water!
Fitness area is somewhat small if you are the workout type and like to lift weights. It gets very crammed in there if there is more than 3-4 people. Cardio equipment was never packed though.
Room service was actually very pleasing compared to other resorts I’ve been to. Food was good and got the job done when I was hungry (or drunk) in my room.
THE SPA IS OUTSTANDING: one of the best massages I’ve ever had. Hot room to ice bath to steam room then massage had me feeling like I was REBORN 👶🏼. I had Ester and she was amazing at the “hard” setting, she hit all of my knots, it was like magic 🪄. I was honestly quite sore days afterwards (which is a good thing).
All restaurants were amazing with their starters, entrees, and deserts however OLIOS is the best. It is Mediterranean food and reservation based. Very elegant and exceptional food. Don’t miss out.
My only complaint is that they charge extra for wine at the resort and at many places wine was the only drink on the drink menu for dinner and I’m a wine lover so I didn’t get to try the best kinds. HOWEVER, you can ask for the house wines and that is FREE of charge. Also, ONLY serenity guests receive the top notch liquor in drinks. And we were not serenity.
I cannot say enough amazing things about Haven and the staff. Everyone we met was so kind and so accommodating. The grounds were absolutely beautiful, the rooms were clean and well appointed, and the resort was in a perfect location. Everything was just perfect.
Humberto (Berto) was so helpful in making sure our honeymoon was perfect and we had everything we needed. JC delivered us drinks at our swim-out pool and was so much fun and such an awesome part of our stay. Andres, a waiter at the Olios Restaurant, was amazing and the highlight of our meals there. The people who ran the shows at Moons and the cooking class were incredible. Everyone at the spa was awesome.
I just can’t recommend this place enough. Everything was perfect, from the food to the location to the staff.
Beware during summer months that there is a lot of seaweed in the ocean so it’s not the best for beach time, but with two large pools (and some rooms with swim out pools) we didn’t miss the beach at all.
We will absolutely be back.
My husband and I came to Haven for our anniversary. Angel loborio greeted us at the door to show us the most beautiful marble hotel room and view to the pool and ocean. Food was top notch, especially the steak house. Two pools, one for a rowdy crowd and one for relaxing. Both with amazing swim up bars. DJ every night, great shows. 10/10 would definitely recommend
My husband and I came to Cancun to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday, and we were not disappointed. We stayed for four days, and I wish the trip was longer. The weather was beautiful, but that wind and humidity made it tough to look put together. The resort was absolutely breathtaking, and every single member of the staff went above and beyond to make our stay as perfect as perfect could possibly get. Our room was spacious and clean, with modern decor, and it over looked the ocean, which was just beautiful waking up to. The food was delicious, every single meal, or sample item served. The pools were usually crowded, especially the main pool with the DJ, but the larger pool near the serenity club suites where we stayed, was one of our favorite places to layout and relax. The only downside of our trip was not being able to swim in the ocean, due to the over abundance of seaweed. The staff did what they could to keep some areas clean, but it was like raking leaves in a windstorm. As I mentioned before, every single employee at this resort went above and beyond to make our stay perfect, but one employee named Marilu, went even further. She loves what she does, and every time we seen her, we talked for a while, because it always felt like we were talking to a friend. I kept my birthday a secret, because I was told a mariachi band would sing to me, and I didn’t want that attention, but Marilou remembered and brought me a cute gift, which was beyond thoughtful, and the next day, which was our anniversary, she brought us another gift. I have nothing but kind words to say, and I really hope most of her experiences with guests are positive and respectful, but entitled Karens and karen adjacent people also take trips, so who knows.