This hotel is located in slightly off bit place named Chumbung. Place is isolated from actual Pelling township. If you need anything,you've to go up to Pelling township (10 mins walking distance). This is a 2 storied building,where construction work is not finished. Accomodation is only available in 1st floor.
I stayed in this hotel during Nov end this yr. They provided me Kanchendzongha facing rooms (with balcony), which is great. However, this hotel lags in proper maintenance, we found a big rat in our room, which has cut the stitch of one of my apparels during my stay. When we told them why pest control is not properly done, they don't have any answers.
The only excuse they have is as this time is off season, so most of the hotel staffs are on leave, if the place is to be visited during On-Season, then every amenities would be fulfilled.
The backside of the hotel is surrounded by thick bush, which is not properly maintained by the hotel authority.
WiFi router range is so poor that even if it is placed at ground floor reception, the signals can't reach to 1st floor rooms (even on the room which is exact top of the reception).
The only thing which is good in this hotel is the food served. They have their in house kitchen, but you've to order 1 hr 30 mins prior, because they will go to main market & bring the necessary items for you & then they will prepare the dish for you.
Went with family in April 2017 room were having issues like hot.water not coming, but staff was very diligent to correct things quickly and they were very very helpful,cook was also very nice.....very good for adventure tourist...
I stayed here from 23rd May to 25th May in Room 203 (super deluxe category) with my husband and son. The room was not clean and no internet was available. Poor and slow room service. I did not even get an extra tea-cup despite several requests. On top of it, there was a power cut in Pelling and the hotel had a limited power back-up. Next morning, there was no hot water. So I requested the room service for some hot water for my child. The request was denied and I was told that if they provided me with hot water, everybody else would also be asking for the same. So they would not give me. For this reason, we could not even take a bath. Dinner was not served at the proper time despite our request (we had to start very early the next morning). So overall, it was not a good experience. The only good point is a good view of Mt. Kanchenjungha.
Guys I am true traveller and along with me there were 10 more people for family stay and they had same.very unprofessional group.The room which was offer to us was in condition where toilet was already used it was not cleaned jet spray broken bed sheet not ever cleaned very dirty bed is broken made up of wooden sleepers and tied up with nails on the frame where all these nails coming out. The bed creeps so much that even anyone moves on the bed it makes other awake.no responsible person at the property who can address your problems. All the marketing people who are so unprofessional that even you inform in advance least bother to make sure your room is ready before arrival. Child labour who are just 15 without any experience struggling to address customers. The kitchen is very dirty no cleanliness at all.The so called manager who is not well literally dieing because he is not well staying in a hut covered with metal sheet in very dirty room.And the fact is this property is not convenient place far away from upper and lower spelling where you hardly have any option.
Guys I don't know most of sites reviews about this property are misleading I believe just the reviews are marketed to hype this property. Even offered to stay in free do not stay in this property. Me along with my family and 6_ other family checked out next day morning since we were not having any option. But guys you don't become victim of false review about this group.The carpet is dirty. I struggled for almost 2 hours but littlerally the hotel management is really not bothered about it.Its all fake marketing over Internet guys about this property. I booked three of the property for retreat group and I had bad experience. One of them was a direct booking still I faced problems and hotel management just one day before travel hotel management told me that they did not book a room for me even though I had email confirmation prior to that.And they did new cheaper booking through online portal to other hotel.very unprofessional.
We had booked the tour package online through their website. We had taken 10 days leave to celebrate our anniversary. This was the first time in my life that we went with a package tour - and boy, were we in for a surprise of a lifetime or what.
From the time we landed in Bagdogra till the day we left Pelling on 24th April – we were cursing ourselves for taking this trip, booking our trip with this chain of hotels and for all the sub standard services that were being provided for the money that we had shelled out.
Lets start with the positives :
1. Limited staff in all locations but they try and help as much as possible with the limited resources they have been provided with
2. Food was average in the Gangtok lodge, good in Lachen /Lachung and Pelling
3. Managers in Lachen and Pelling were very helpful and courteous. Staff in Pelling was very friendly and helpful.
4. We had to cut short our trip by 2 nights in pelling and were thankfully refunded for one night only with lot of begging and pleading
Coming on to the actual horrific narration of the trip - hotels, location, amenities, cost , cabs provided etc
1. Do NOT go by the photos and the description on the website. Its mostly farce- no premium toiletries, the condition of the bedsheets, towels, rooms etc is pathetic
2. There was no one to meet/ greet us in all locations
3. Cabs- no normal sensible person would like to sit in the cabs they provided- we could see the road from the bottom of one of the cabs, seats were torn, handles broken- it was as if the car would split any time. But the drivers were mostly nice.
4. No complimentary water – unless you call them atleast 4 times
5. Complimentary breakfast only means bread omlette or aloo parantha or poha – that’s it
6. LED T.V with Satellite channels – most of the times the TV was not working (if you were lucky to have power at all) , wires and plugs hanging from the wall, at some places it was as if the TV would fall down any minute
7. No power in a couple of places – no backup (invertor runs only for a few hours), thereafter you are left with 2 candles
8. No free wi-fi
9. We were told standard or DLX rooms were unavailable in Pelling and we were charged extra for being put up in a super DLX room but the fact of the matter was that when we reached there only 3 rooms were occupied.
All in all – please think 10 times before booking with these folks. Our holiday was spoilt – I was literally in tears everyday with the kind of service that we were provided and that too for amount that we had to pay. Our anniversary was spoilt thoroughly.