Top Attractions in Langebaan
What travellers are saying
- Love the views. The lagoon is our favorite place in summer, as the waters are just so calm and cool.Written 24 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent place. No one will say Westen Cape falls inside part of crime riddle South Africa. Very clean roads .... Excellent experienced.Written 9 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lovely outside seating. Trays of tasters and 100ml of 6 beers. My favorite number 3 and 4. Both from Darling Brewery. Local is Lekker. A must visit when you in Langebaan.Written 24 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a lovely day. Because of too much wind on the beach, we decided to head for the park and we really enjoyed it.
The bathrooms were a bit of a mess, but there were 3 school groups at the park for their end of year function, so I think this is why.
Everything is reasonably priced. Food looked delicious. Pools were clean and staff friendly enough.Written 3 December 2021
- Visiting Langebaan (and the Beaches) I was pleasantly surprised. I have not experienced 'freedom' like I did here in too many decades. The sun, the beach, the hiking (safely), relaxed living. I did not want to leave this small town....Written 1 July 2022
- Today we received Awesome service and very high standard of breakfast at Laguna Mall Wimpy in Langebaan.
Eggs and Bacon done to perfection.
Toast still warm when we received it.Written 6 April 2022
- It was lovely having something to do in the evenings at the resort. A nice clean smallish casino. I played in both the smoking and non smoking sections. Nice crowd of people. Seems to have a lot of regulars who all seem to know one anotherWritten 3 March 2020
- Always a friendly welcome and an introduction to local artists and paintings of some of the local views. Great place to get yourself a piece of South African art at a reasonable price.Written 1 February 2020
- Calypso beach our go to when we visit the West Coast. Perfect sand, decent stretch of beach to walk along and amazing views for sunset.Written 27 September 2021
- We booked at Windstone Farm through Groupon, confirmed that we will be late and was very excited about our farm visit. Firstly the signage are not very good, eventually we arrived with no sign that we are at the correct place. After two phone calls a person came to meet us. We were taken through a lounge where people were sitting drinking to our bedroom leading directly from it. Not suitable for Family accommadation. We have visited plenty BackPackers before, but would first check if they have a bunch of roudy contractors in your same living area. Might be fine for single adventurists, but would not recommend for a familyWritten 29 March 2016
- I went board paddling or standup board paddling for an hour on Langebaan Lagoon. One of the best things to do. We had the greatest coach, Themba. I loved it.Written 24 December 2021
- We had a very good time staying over at the Constantly Kiting Appartments. It is very close to the kitespot & most restaurants. Wesley and his team are nice people give good classes & support. Also Wesley parents are very friendly & hospitable. For sure we go back.Written 19 November 2021
- Great spot to learn or improve your kitesurfing. The instructors Matt and Ryan were really helpful and friendly throughout the week. Looking forward to coming back again!Written 11 November 2021
- Just had two kite surf lessons with cape sports Center. I was so impressed, my instructor Reece was so patient and kind, l made progress and gained confidence. Would definitely recommend this school. Thank you .Written 25 February 2022
- Since this season, Obsession Kitesurfing is also offering Boat lessons - especially for non-windy days. No matter if you want to learn how to kite or to foil, a lesson behind the boat just to focus on board control & waterstarts enhances the learning experience.
Especially if you want to learn how to foil, a couple of boat sessions with a short mast make it so much easier to activate the foil and progress later with a kite.
Obsession offers professional service, has skilled instructors and makes safety your and everyones priority. I had a lot of fun with the instructors, boat stuff and found a new passion that I do not want to miss any more (I am still missing my foil in their shop :-))
Finally, prices a fair and they a re always keen to find the best solution for everyone.
So: jump on a plane (after Corona), go to Langebaan and this is the place to be.
Thank you so much for all the help and fun - we'll be back next year.
TimWritten 1 April 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Langebaan
- The most popular things to do in Langebaan with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Langebaan on Tripadvisor