Shark Diving • Adrenaline & Extreme Tours
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Boat Tours & Water Sports
Boat Tours & Water Sports
4 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- The shark viewing site is about 15 minutes from shore, and all the boats are anchored nearby in the same area. In terms of shark viewing experience, I would think you get similar shark viewing experiences with the other companies since the boats use the same techniques to attract the sharks and are anchored in the same area. Thus, definitely worth it for this trip with white shark ventures as some of the other companies charge quite a bit more. Not sure if the more expensive companies have better food and service though.
Luckily for us, the sharks came soon after our captain said to give it 30 more minutes to see if we can have any sightings. We went back rather late to give most of us a chance to see the 3 white sharks that came by in the cage.
Food is plentiful with a light breakfast, muffins, banana and drinks on board and a good lunch.
Even though the sea was calm that day, it will still be tough for people prone to bad seasickness, as it is a small boat in the middle of the sea for 2-3 hours.Written 16 September 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you have never been shark 'diving' this is a great option, all the gear was provided and loved the witty comments by the crew through out. Tip be in the first group in the water, else you may loose your courage, the water is pretty cold.
Saying that those who want a personalized or dive experience do look else where. This is a group experience provided.Written 17 March 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The trip was badly organized from the start, we were instructed to be at the meeting place at 07:00, the guide arrived at 08:00. We had to travel further without the correct size wetsuits and upon arrival there was no indication where we should be. Asking locals we finally got to the right place but no boat. When the boat finally arrived it was 12:00. (The Tractor they used would not start at first and it was inadequate to pull the Boat and Trailer.) Finally aboard and on the water 5minutes from our destination we were told the Boat was taking water, so we had to turn around. We were promised to be compensated but that did not happen.Written 2 December 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Kleinbaai
- These experiences are best for boat tours & water sports in Kleinbaai:
- Shark Cage Diving - Adventure Meets Conservation!
- Marine Big 5 Safari: Self-Drive
- Shark cage diving & viewing tours in Gansbaai
- Shark Cage Diving Viewing Only
- Shark Cage Diving and Viewing in Kleinbaai
- These places are best for boat tours & water sports in Kleinbaai:See more boat tours & water sports in Kleinbaai on Tripadvisor