Historic Sites • Points of Interest & Landmarks
Top Attractions in Omis
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- We hiked up the hard trail from the parking lot just after the tunnel.
Its steep. Its very, very steep.
We are used to hiking and had the appropiate shoes on - but, when you sometimes need to use your hands to go across obstacles, it really takes out some energy.
Dont go when the Sun is hottest, being LOTS of water - and simply take lots of breaks.
When you come out of the forrest, the last bit on the hard route is uphill and seemed crazy to me (51 yrs Old)
TIP : My 2 teens went that way up to the fortress, but we took a path to the left, just follow it for 5 minutes and you Will merge into the “easy” path at some point and have an awesome walk up to the fortress with a stunning view.
The fortress itselves is a bit old and non interesting - but the view is STUNNING and Well worth the hike. OMG, it looks amazing all 360 degress.
Its so worth it!
Going back we took the “easy” way Down, but i guess it should be called “medium”.
It was okay, the last 1/2 was among houses and backyards, not so pretty as the hard trail up which was among pine forrest.
We took 1,5 hiking up on hard and about 50 minutes hiking Down on easy - a total of 3 hours for the entire hike.Written 14 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Omis is a beautiful place with lovEly people. There is so much to do at any pace. You can relax or go on adventures all at very reasonable pricesWritten 20 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I did the Cetina river rafting tour, it is a must do when you are in Omis. There are multiple agencies offering this service, usually it costs 200 kuna per person. Book with one agency, there are then different transfer options. For me, the best was to go by my own to Omis and then waited in front of the agency's address. Their driver picked us up and we drove around 20 minute to the river (it was naive of me to think the tour starts directly in Omis). Then we walked just a bit and were ready to go on the boat. Bigger bags could be then left with the agency members and we just took our small valuables like phone and cash, which were then placed in some kind of large can to be protected of the water. I would advice to come already in swimming clothes and flip flops because you will get wet. It was very fun and refreshing as we had some breaks to go in the water or jump from a cliff. At a moment, we had to walk for around 5 minutes because the river is now too shallow. When we finished, we were taken back by the driver to the center of Omis. No prior knowledge of rafting was necessary, it can just be exhausting on your arms.Written 25 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great views over Omis and the mouth of the Cetina river. This was an easy climb from the centre of Omis with great views over the roof tops of the mouth of the river and surrounding hills. The steps are a bit irregular and of variable step and width so you do need reasonable footwear and mobility and keep a hold of little ones but gives a great view at the end.
Don't miss the final ladder to the roof hidden in the final chamber,
On descent well worth a left turn to head for the I Gemelli Pastry Shop to restore and lost calories!Written 24 July 2022
- A beautiful quaint square at the end/start of the restaurants and shops in the old town. We stayed in a house overlooking the square. It was full of the hustle and bustle of life day and night. Not great if you are looking for peace and quiet but perfect if you like to be in the middle of everything. There’s a restaurant, shops and tourist booking stations throughout the square.Written 17 July 2022
- Happened upon this wine shop by the port in Omis. Loved being able to taste wines before purchasing. You can buy in bottles but we really liked buying straight from stainless steel storage vats into plastic bottles, as this meant the price was very attractive (and easier to carry)!Written 5 August 2017
- We came across the church while walking around the town. It is a nice old church inside and out. It was very quiet when we were there so we coud sit and look around out of the heat.Written 26 October 2019
- A little bit buddy for our liking. We liked the beach further down the coast with less people but this is handy for the town with lots of Sun loungers, sage swimming areas and fun things to do.Written 26 July 2022
- climbed up here on a quite sunny day.its not too hard as i am quite a size and easily managed it.the small aldder onto the roof of the tower can be a bit daunting to some,but the view from the top makes up for it,well worth the small charge to go up here.Written 11 November 2018
- We booked this rafting trip with three teenagers since it included some attractions like the cave, Cliff jumping and a nice length of tour and it was GREAT! Very professionally run, great guides on each boat , parking instructions and space, just everything was done right. We really enjoyed and highly recommend this tour. We were a bit worried that it would be too calm and boring but it was the right dose of rapids and action and calm parts even for our teens who had a great time! Done hesitate!Written 24 July 2022
- Really nice, easy rafting, perfect morning or afternoon acitivity. Guides clearly have a lot of experience, very nice surroundings.Written 23 September 2021
- A fun trip including a welcome drink - traditional rakija, friendly hosts, enthusiastic and, most importantly, experienced rafting crew who can show you the perfect hidden spots on Cetina river. Also there is a campsite next to the river for everybody who wants to put up a tent, hang out around the fire, maybe make some barbecue or sing beneath the stars, that's up to you. In a few words, a whole day adventure in the nature perfect for refreshing your mind and body.Written 9 August 2022
- The scenery along the river was absolutely gorgeous! The rapids were fun and exciting for this first time rafter. Our guide was very knowledgeable, informative, and entertaining. I highly recommend this trip and this company.Written 15 July 2022
- 6 of us went for rafting for the first time in life and we are all above 50. I was thinking we will be scared and that I will have terrible time because I’m afraid of things like this, but I was soooo wrong. I had most amazing time ever. Crew was so professional, kind, patient, informative... I will be doing it again for sure.Written 10 July 2019
- We had a great day. It was 3 of is plus Our guide(Kristian) is really friendly. It was a pleasure to do rafting with him. I would like to do it one more time. You can relax and have fun on the same time. Great views during rafting. I can recomend it !!!Written 19 September 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Omis
- The best day trips from Omis according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Become a sailor for a day...
- Blue cave & Hvar island hopping full day tour from Omiš
- Omis and Cetina Day Trip with lunch from Makarska Riviera
- Rafting River Cetina from Makarska Riviera
- Plitvice Lakes National Park Day Trip from Omiš