- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
11 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Today was a beautiful sunny day so my wife and I stopped by Frelinghuysen Arboretum to welcome the beginning of spring and the end of winter. Anytime of the year is a good time to take pictures, especially if it gets you outside for the fresh air.Written 16 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I visited the Morristown National Historical Park and Washington Headquarters and Museum in May 2022. Ranger Tom and Ranger Kim were very helpful and knowledgeable. I watched a 15-minute film on the winter of 1779-1780 in Morristown, NJ. Most people know about Valley Forge and the winter that General George Washington and his soldiers spent in 1777-1778 but the winter of 1779-1780 was even more severe and difficult. The museum is excellent and also does a good job of covering the timeline for the entire American Revolutionary War and the key battles. The events before and after the winter of 1779-1780 in Morristown help to put everything in perspective. There is a special exhibit on documents and a nice bookstore and gift shop. If you are interested in history, this is a very worthwhile museum.Written 11 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I visited Jockey Hollow immediately after visiting the Washington Headquarters Museum and the Ford Mansion and Museum. One has to drive 10 miles from there to get to Jockey Hollow. I first went to the Jockey Hollow Visitor Center. They had a replica of a soldier hut which was very interesting and also a book and gift shop. After that you can do a self-guided driving tour. The main thing to see is three soldier huts. One needs to climb a long hill on foot to get to where the soldier huts are located. It was a very hot day so I decided just to stop halfway up the hill and take some photos. I think the Washington Headquarters Museum and the Ford Mansion Museum are "must sees". Jockey Hollow is worth a quick visit and for me, seeing the replica of a soldier hut in the Visitor Center and seeing the actual huts from a distance were good enough.Written 11 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Small museum but full of gems. Especially the art gallery is in the mansion. Automata with music box collection is so cool and fun. The yard is nice with some art pieces and picnic tables. If there is a cafe, that will be great.Written 12 June 2021
- Lonataka in the winter offers some of our northern feathered friends a place to rest and feed when the ice in the pond starts to thaw. Next time you are in the park check out what’s around the pond.Written 16 February 2022
- We had an amazing time with Pat on this special October tour and learned so much. The house is beautiful inside and out and Pat was a wealth of information. She is so passionate about the home, Victorian mourning traditions, and the stories of the people who lived there. We could have stayed all day and listened to everything she knew!Written 31 October 2019
- This place is a hidden gem. We never knew we had a place to pick cherries so close to home! There are several orchards with seasonal picking of peaches, apples, strawberries, cherries, etc. A bit pricy at $7.99 per pound of cherries. The staff are very friendly. You must buy a membership card at $10 per person and then you can pick all season long with that card only paying for the fruit you pick. There is a nice walk into the orchards and options to take a wagon into the orchards as well. There is a store with amazing fresh baked goods, salads, sandwiches, ice cream, etc. Again, a bit pricy. There is something for everyone here.Written 4 July 2021
- Awesome place to stop enjoy the path close by and see how life was back in the day. It is crazy to see how far we have progressed in such a short period of time. Well worth the stop to relax and enjoy the fall weather.Written 18 November 2019
- Hilly hiking, a nice swimming lake, many picnic areas, some mountain cycling in a near to Morristown package. But it's part of the County Park System that boasts all very good to excellent sites and suffers some from the lack of vistas.Written 13 November 2018
- love,love,love the MPAC...the nicest folks work there...from the ticket agents to Jim and Bob, who show you to your seat...they make you feel important ... and a part of their "family". The only thing they need to work on id lowering the prices of their drinks and snacks...yikes!!! Not all of us are made of money...we would love to enjoy a beverage...we just can't afford them...seriously...Written 28 March 2022
- Great time here at the Morristown Game Vault.
Lots of street parking on the main street.
You pay by time. You are given a wristband when you first enter and it is scanned when you leave so they can see how long you spent there. $10 for 30 mins. $13 for 60 mins. $20 for 120 mins.
As far as games go, there are lots to chose from. Although any generation would enjoy their time there, I think the retro fans will really love this place. There are tons of older arcades and pinball machines from the 80's and 90's. From Frogger, to Donkey Kong, to Tron to beat-em-ups. Definitely a wide variety to play. There are also some TV's set up in the center with a bunch of conoles hooked up, NES, SNES, Gamecube, PS4...and others.
Decor is pretty cool with game and comic book decor all around.
One thing I loved about this place was that all the arcades worked! There are a handful to similar places in the northeast I've visited, but half of the machines were working properly. Kudos to this place, its staff and management for making sure everything is working smoothly.
Staff was very helpful and friendly.Written 2 August 2022