Popular things to do
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Good place for meditation, Couples who dont have kids can visit and get blessings from Naga Gods. You get all wishes come true.Written 25 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Loved the boating experience. Chill, calm and soothing. The boating lasted for around 2 and half hours and cost around 3000 rupees. I got to see fields that are below sea level (rare), picturesque backwaters, experienced eagle sitting on my shoulders in a hotel midway, narrow canals, different varieties of boats, boat construction yard, people doing their daily chores on the river side etc. Would recommend this to others.Written 24 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Sree Krishna Temple in Kerala, what can I say about this place, it is just amazing place. A person who is not from kerala will instantly feel the devotional presence the moment you are in the temple. A very large complex, with main deity looks a bit similar to Guvayur Krishna. The paalapayasam is simply the best.Written 18 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The event which one should not miss. It is the event where the entire crowd is mesmerised with the explanation of 24 mudras.
And each mudra explains the details of the dialect being saidWritten 22 May 2022
- IThere is the syetem. token for pooja materials .special dharisanam.leave your all materials outsideWritten 29 May 2020
- We visited Arthunkal Basilica on the way back from kumarakom vacation. It's an historic pilgrimage centre and one of the oldest churches in India. The main church and the one built in 1561 are both well maintained and open for public to pray. A must visit if you are in this area and definitely one to explore if you have an interest in Christian history in IndiaWritten 8 February 2021
- Located in a place called Puliancunnoo. About 25 kms away from Alleppey town. The road that leads to the church is calming. The church has a peaceful atmosphere with the backwaters close by.Written 20 March 2022
- Beach is close from KSRTC Bus Stand .There are lot of Properties/ hotels , lodges for stays nearby.Beach is very well maintained,cleaned.Life guards also roaming around .Some shops of Snack & beverages are also around .Close to the beach the work of fly over is in progress.Overall it’s better to go in Evening to see beautiful sunset .But be careful at night time from crobs .Written 3 June 2023
- A peaceful temple in the heart of Alleppey town. The idol was tastefully decorated with sandalwood paste. The temple sanctum sanctorium is in a dug-out place, as if it was built in the middle of a tank. There are many upa-devatas also. The most attractive thing I noticed was the temple elephant Mullakkal Balakrishnan taking a leisurely bath in the early morning. A nice experienceWritten 30 December 2022
- Visited the temple during there Navratri festival celebration. Was very crowded. There were Elephants with ornaments on their trunks. Nice darshanWritten 27 October 2018
- This lighthouse is situated very close to Alleppey Beach and railway station. We reached the station early morning and our houseboat booking was not until noon so we decided to walk till the lighthouse and spend some time there. I must say the view from the top is amazing. You can get a beautiful view of the beach with the railway track. Mostly this place is frequented by locals...we did not find many tourists here as most of the tourists in Alleppey head towards the backwaters. I would highly recommend visiting this lighthouse and climbing to the top (if you are capable enough) if you have some extra time in Alleppey.Written 26 October 2022
- Massive cathedral, great place to visit.
The church yard is really big.
Try and visit during the annual festival.Written 1 January 2020
- Good museum, displays the personal collection. Some really lovely objects including various vintage tanjore paintings, furniture, ivory, porcelain, paintings from various parts of the world, and a vintage Buick. If you've got spare time and have an interest in museums, then would definitely recommend. Gives a glimpse into the lives of the superrich.Written 12 August 2022
- without engagement we had 2 hours, so we visited this place. really good experience. kids are enjoying a lot. we all know more about coir materials and usage. the guide was so helpful to us .she explained a lot.we had a different experience what we think. must can visit there.Written 27 May 2020
- I have visited many temples in South India, but this Kanichukulangara Devi Temple left the most impresive feeling for me.Written 26 February 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Alappuzha
- The best day trips from Alappuzha according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Kerala Backwater Day Tour (Private) with Lunch from Cochin
- Kochi Private Tour: Kerala Backwater Houseboat Day Cruise in Aleppey
- Private luxury Houseboat trip at Alleppy Backwaters.
- Kumarakom Backwater Excursion for group or single
- Cochin Heritage Tour With Alleppey Houseboat Cruise
Alappuzha Attractions Information