- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
102 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 102
What travellers are saying
- Great experience! Very nice museum with a lot of information about the life of an amazing entertainer! Enjoyed taking our time and watching all the videos and reading all the boards with the history of his careerWritten 2 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I was on my way from Abilene to Kansas City, so I stopped here and by the Kansas state Capitol. This is the school at the epicenter of Brown v. Board of Education, one of the lawsuits initiated by Thurgood Marshall in order to overturn segregation.
The ranger was welcoming and super nice. The gift shop attendant was helpful. The exhibits are laid out nicely and are well organized. Each exhibit demonstrates the before, during, and after periods of the Brown decision.
There is a moving portion where you walk down a hallway of video footage of white people screaming vitriol at the black students attempting to integrate the school. Powerful.
There is also a 20-25 minute video.
Unique historical stop very close to the state Capitol. You could easily do both in three to four hours or so.Written 9 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Japaneses area, the many seasonal flowers and oh the Waterfall is so beautiful when its running. Park is so clean, hooe that doesn't change.Written 7 May 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a beautiful building to tour. We missed the dome tour, but will plan on that next time. There is plenty to see and explore without doing the full tour. It is well laid out what you are allowed to see and what is off limits.Written 10 August 2022
- This was a nice place to stop and stretch our legs passing through Topeka. I bet it’s beautiful when in full bloom. We walked over the bridge, took some nice pics. If you’re traveling with kids, the carousel, playground & zoo would make for a nice afternoonWritten 7 April 2022
- very good value, $10 for adults and it is a Really detailed small museum, packed full of history from early settlers right through to around the 1950s. Very good for anyone in particular with an interest in the area before white settlementWritten 9 August 2022
- This was a very interesting and exciting place for kids to explore. There are tricycles of various sizes, paved pathways to explore, indoor and outdoor activities to participate in, and a host of exciting things for children from 2 - 10 at least to enjoy.
Outdoors: In addition to playing (their version of) chess, my G-Kids built (and rebuilt) a foam linking-log cabin; they explored a pirate ship, a merry-go-round/climbing platform; they did their own version of a tricycle safari, and simply explored.
Indoors: I lost count of the number of hands on activities they played in!
We were there for hours and they never got tired of building, riding, exploring, climbing, playing and finding new things. We only left because we still had some traveling to do - and this was one of the highlights of their visit.Written 5 August 2022
- A gem of history stretching from the early days aircraft to modern "fast movers." Many of the aircraft still being restored, and the arrival of new pieces to restore and display continues. Friendly and informative staff. Suitable for all ages, but especially for anyone with an interest in history or aircraft. Young and old will enjoy using the flight simulator. Plan on two hours. Special note and an added plus: Kudos to the teenage docent who was my guide; personable, knowledgable, curious, and poise.Written 6 August 2022
- Small replica of a 19th century Kansas town using original buildings relocated to the site. Most of the display is static. Although the country store (gift shop) and the drug store (open for ice cream, shakes, etc.) are accessible, other buildings are open only for groups. Even so, worth a stop and a quiet walk around the grounds and gardens.Written 5 August 2022
- We would have given it a 5 star rating, but the tulips weren't in full bloom. We went with a group of 14 and Tracy gave us a wonderful tour. She made the gardens come alive and filled in a lot of the back stories on each section. The backdrop of Lake Shawnee made it a wonderful day.Written 12 April 2022
- Great little zoo that looks to be expanding. I loved the aesthetics of the zoo. Keepers were located though out the zoo giving their knowledge to the kids. Was surprised to see lions, tigers, and orangutans. We take our kids to a lot of zoos, and they enjoyed this one. It is on the smaller side, it was still a very enjoyable way to spend a half a day. Most of the paths are well shaded, and I like the layout of this little zoo.Written 9 July 2022
- Races where great love being able to go in pits and talk with the drivers .everything is laid out nice plenty of seating even in general admission only complaint I would have is in general admission the concession stand was not good. 1pm out of everything bit brats ,workers were saying they where told not to cook any more food! a 1pm? come on guys plus they where very under staffed took 45 min or longer in a line maybe 20 people deep .that said it was the only complaint we had .will go again next year but will upgrade seats to racers side way more stuff to do and see.Written 13 June 2019
- Exceptional staff, great displays inside and out. This is also the museum for 35th Infantry Division. One unique display, somehow this museum has the original TV set tent from series MASHWritten 11 August 2022
- Such a great brewery! We have Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen, happy hounds, so had to visit. Very nice, clean place. Beer and beverages excellent. Not much in food but snacks were great. Because we are visiting for a dog show we look for places like this so we can take our dogs. Owner gave them treats and took their photos. Staff and other customers were welcoming. They also have outside area for the dogs to visit with water bowls and relief station….Written 10 September 2021
- Drive past all the junkyards abd this is the last place on the road. One gentleman comes out and tells you jokes and there is junk everywhere. It’s fun but not very well kept. Needs mowing but hey it’s just donation and you can drive through. Don’t have to pay anything. See some junk and kill 20 minutes.Written 16 July 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Topeka
- The most popular things to do in Topeka with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Evel Knievel Museum
- Kansas State Capitol Building
- Lake Shawnee
- Brown v. Board of Education National Historical Park
- Gage Park