Top Attractions in Homestead
What travellers are saying
- Seeing all the gators was cool. The alligator feeding show was good. The guy doing the shows was very knowledgeable and entertaining. The other alligator show was ok, but short. You get to hold a baby alligator, which is pretty awesome. They have a lot of alligators. They also have an airboat ride, which is very short, I don't even think it lasted 10 minutes. We had just come from the River of Grass Airboat Adventures, which was a hour airboat ride which was excellent, so doing this boat ride after was pretty lame to us. Alligator experience really good, airboat ride not so much, but it is included so you might as well do it.Written 11 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Went on a weekday due to reviews that reported long wait times. Walked right up to order cinnamon rolls and shakes. Yummy cinnamon rolls and they were still warm! Shakes good but could use more strawberries. Fun to visit such an iconic place!Written 22 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you love NASCAR or just fast cars, you will enjoy driving a race car at speeds of 50 to 150 mph.
NASCAR Racing Experience is the place go.
Very well run and safe. Very knowledgeable people instructing you on what to do.
A ride to remember for life.Written 12 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is an unique park and depending on your interests you could spend hours here. Some fruits you may not know and if there are "samples" on the ground that are edible pick one up and try it. Watch for signs that inform you of forbidden fruit. We enjoyed the tram tour though it was difficult to understand all the driver was saying. Lots of shade so this is bearable to tour even during the heat of the day.Written 12 August 2022
- Funky place with an interesting story. And it's the story telling guides that really make it fun. It's worth the time and cash to see and hear about the man and the castle.Written 10 June 2022
- Enjoy our time at this winery! Bleu, knew a lot about each wine, was very helpful to help us find the perfect wine to taste and provided excellent service!Written 8 May 2022
- Homestead Bayfront Park is located next to Biscayne National Park. It has a small "Atoll Pool" which is a small beach and swimming area of Biscayne Bay. It is a favorite boat ramp and has a full marina as well as an on-site restaurant. There are picnic tables and plenty of room to run around for children.Written 9 October 2019
- A rehab center for injured or rejected animals. We found it very informative but sad. Definitely recommend.Written 7 August 2022
- Great place for meditation. The temple welcomes all visitors of any nationalities. The temple is very cool and quiet. Excellent food market during important Thai festival.Written 2 April 2021
- There were five of us who came here shortly after opening, at 11 AM. on a weekday. Free parking. We opted to take a table on the lower landing. It was completely out in the open. But the hot rays of the sun couldn't directly reach us since the sky was totally overcast in a thick layer of grayish clouds. And we were at water's edge and had a good view of the marina with all its docked boats.
Covid protocols not in effect. No one wore a mask. But the diners had apparently socially distanced themselves by skipping every other table out there. Whether that would happen when the place got busy, is anybody s guess.
We feasted on conch fritters, New England clam chowder, grilled dolphin sandwich, rare tuna with wasabi sauce. The conch was crisp and came with a tasty sauce for dipping. The clay chowder was simply delicious. The tuna was also delicious as the wasabi sauce had just enough of a spicy kick to it so as to not overpower the tuna. The dolphin was fresh.
Service was top quality -- friendly and efficient. We'll be back.Written 21 May 2022
- When the Town of Homestead was incorporated on January 27, 1913, there wasn't a town hall where city officials could meet. The newly formed town decided to use Sistrunk Hall, a wooden building located just west of the 1911 Bank of Homestead. It became the first Homestead Town Hall but it burned down on September 7, 1916. After the fire the Town Council decided to build their own town hall. Miami architect Harold Hastings Mundy was hired to design the building. Mundy was born in 1878 in Ontario, Canada. He worked as the architect for the Dade County School district where he designed Coconut Grove Elementary School, Robert E. Lee Junior High School, and Miami Edison High School. John F. Umphrey who had built a number of buildings in the area was awarded the contract to build the town hall for $4,418.00, doors excluded. He completed the building in 90 days.
The lower floor near the front of the building housed the city fire department, fire trucks and a hose-drying room. The rear area held the police station and jail cells. There were four jail cells for men while the jail cells for female prisoners were in a separate building located in back of the Town Hall. Municipal offices, the city's clerk office, mayor's office, and the city council chambers were on the second floor. A small one story addition to the south, at 41 N. Krome Ave., is now used as an entrance to the museum. It was added in 1924 as offices for the County Agricultural Agent and the Redland District Chamber of Commerce.Written 2 July 2021
- Great time with my girl enjoying the wheat ale and mead listening to different DJs with wireless headphones.Written 16 February 2020
- A nice afternoon at a family friendly rodeo & the largest in south Florida. There was plenty of parking, it was an easy in and out. We paid $5 to park & adult admission was $25, $14 for children. Credit cards were accepted. There were clean Porto potties, brochures, lots of food vendors with scouts selling popcorn, water and cotton candy in the bleachers. The bbq platters were huge & smelled delicious. We enjoyed sharing an Indian taco, it was enough for two.
The day started with bare back riding, steer wrestling, team roping, saddle bronc riding, down roping, bull riding and young woman racing around barrels. The Contestants came from all over the country to compete. Visitors were from Europe, South America, Central America, and the Caribbean.
We enjoyed the events, crowds, foods ... the day!Written 25 January 2020
- The worship is awesome. The venue is beautiful, but geared to the younger set. The music is loud and powerful. So you may need to ask for earplugs. But the worship is genuine. The minister teaches straight out of the Bible. He is passionate about leading others to the redeeming value of Christ. The members are welcoming and pleasant. There is a coffee bar in the lobby, which adds to the welcoming atmosphere.Written 31 December 2019
- We purchased a Groupon for a family member and brought the whole family to watch the experience. They had a blast and we enjoyed sharing the rush with them.
Pro Tip: for spectators, take the stairs to the upper level, there are a ton of seats and it offers a better view of the track.Written 7 November 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Homestead