Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Hana
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Waianapanapa is a destination you must visit when embarking on the road trip to Hana. However, since a reservation is now required to enter, be sure to strictly adhere to your time slot of choice. If you're late, you will be refused entry to the park.
The beach boasts of unique black sand and extremely picturesque surroundings. The water, although a bit chilly to begin with, was refreshing and our kids just loved riding the small waves.
Don't forget to explore the small cave to your right at the bottom of the stairs. It's a sight to behold!Written 19 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a great little hidden beach that is protected by perfectly placed rocks that break the waves. Great swimming destination.Written 23 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Did this on a Trip to Hana tour. This beach was the highlight of my ENTIRE Muai Trip. It is 100 worth the drive and the wait!!Written 29 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful plants and views but $20 per person is excessive AND the gate keeper told us that to park in a certain parking lot because “peacocks will attack red cars “ (we were driving a red Jeep) but we spoke to other couples that said they were told the peacocks attack black cars or white cars….so it was a scam just to get people to fill up the parking lots furthest away !Written 30 May 2022
- A Highlight of the east coast. Worth the hike inland. Easy to follow, very cool bamboo forest on boardwalk at one point along trailWritten 4 July 2022
- you will find the trail beginning just off the Hana Maui Hotel parking lot. Approximately 15 minute steady upward walk on a clean manicured trail. View the entire town and harbor.
Sometimes there are cows on the path, they were friendly and moved aside with a bit of coaxing!Written 4 February 2021
- Not somewhere I'd spend a full day or 1/2 day, but as you cruise around Hana it's a quick visit.
Best part of it is it's fairly secluded, we saw only a handful of other people.
Also very nice views back into Hana, beautiful snapshot of the town from the bay.
The pier is closed (gated, locked) so no walking out on it. There's a beach that's somewhat black sand, but we didn't try to swim there.Written 13 April 2021
- Our family (Mom, Dad, & two teenage kids) had a wonderful experience taking the guided tour of Ono Organic Farms. It was by far our family's favorite experience on the island of Maui. The farm is in a beautiful, picturesque setting just past Hana in the rainforest. Our knowledgable, friendly, and passionate tour guide Nick drove us around the farm in a four-wheel drive vehicle.
We frequently stopped to pick and sample all the fruit that was in season on the farm - this was an interactive experience with plenty of opportunities to pick our own fruit and Nick was sure to involve the kids in the process, keeping them engaged. Nick explained how to determine if the fruit was ripe and how best to cut it (which he did for us using a large banana leaf as an "organic cutting board").
We had well over a dozen different fruits including papaya, pomelo, durian, guava, avocado, jackfruit, mountain apple, mango, banana, coconut, cacao, acerola cherries, and more. In between stops, Nick would explain the history of the farm, the principles of organic farming, and various interesting facts about the fruit we were eating.
At the end of the tour, Nick sent us away with enough fresh fruit to last us the rest of our trip (you can't bring fresh fruit back to the mainland). We can't say enough what an incredibly memorable, beautiful, and informative experience the tour of Ono Organic Farms with Nick was.
If you are only going to do one tour on Maui definitely make it this one - we give it our highest recommendation!Written 2 August 2022
- This is a big garden, which features many plants introduced by early Polynesians and some endemic Hawaiian plants. It's worth a visit if in the area but likely not worth a visit as a destination. The admission fee includes a nice guidebook, and many of the plants have informative signsWritten 1 May 2022
- And around this corner is another spectacular falls. If any of these falls were by itself on the mainland it would be so unique, but the road to Hana has falls around every corner.
This one is neat because there are so many paths that the water takes.
Another very nice photo opWritten 28 July 2020
- Cute little spot along the road to Hana. We really enjoyed all the stops. This was beautiful. Didn’t go swimming as other reviews made me too nervous to.Written 31 January 2020
- This is our first time to Hana Bay Beach 🏖 We loved the calm waters! Glad there are room for kids, too! 🏄♀️😍🥰 We can’t wait to go back to Maui! Perfect for the younger crowds. 🌴😎🍟🏡Written 12 March 2020
- Local spot, for sure, but everyone was very friendly. You can do cliff jumps from here, but it's pretty dangerous. Some local kids were trying to get me to jump with them. I did 50 ft cliff jumps in Greece, but I didn't do them here because the safe landing area is relatively small. Also, the pinned location for this POI on the TripAdvisor map is incorrect, as of today. Look it up on Google maps for accuracy.Written 13 July 2020
- Extra delicious and very friendly. They were literally pouring chocolate from into bars while we were there. This family business is a must stop on the road to Hana.Written 22 July 2022
- The road to the church is hard to find. Don't blink or you will miss it. Very serene location overlooking the ocean. Charles A. Lindberg is buried here.Written 21 September 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Hana
- The best day trips from Hana according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Small Group Road to Hana Adventure Tour with Pickup
- Small Group Road to Hāna Tour 6 to 8 passengers
- VIP Private Road to Hana Tour with Pick Up
- Road to Hana Day Trip
- Famous Road to Hana Waterfalls & Lunch by Mercedes Van