Top Attractions in Kalaheo
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- What a fun experience! We try to find things a bit off the usual when we travel and this fit the bill. Our guide Genny has an enthusiasm and love for the company, the experience and her home island that radiates out from her. Her laugh is AWESOME and down right infectious. Hands down this experience was one of the best tourist bargains on the island and we would do it again in a heart beat! We came home with ALOT of Kauai coffee!Written 7 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a short distance from the Grand Hyatt. We drove over while we waited to check in and we’re really pleasantly surprised. There’s a short trail to the cave where you literally have to crawl into to get inside. There is a guide that gives the history of the cave. Right next door is a tortoise reserve, and there is a beach there also. Very nice to explore. There a horse ranch there too.Written 18 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Peaceful, beautiful the shrines and Hall of compassion are hidden gems on Kauai. Locals volunteer here doing up keep and tours. Don't miss this on your trip. First Saturday of the month is nurturing day, plant orchids, clean the paths and stay for lunch.Written 7 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My father and I decided to take a trip to Kauai because we had never visited that particular island before. It was an absolutely wonderful experience, and we could not of done it without Mylan. She was extremely attentive to our needs and wishes for the trip, and made our time spent there memorable.
Upon arrival, Mylan was there to greet us with a lay and lay head piece, both beautiful. Mylan set up a wonderful zip-line/waterfall activity along with tubing, ATVing, a helicopter tour, and a snorkel cruise. There was nothing to complain about with any of the companies in which we were booked with. They all seemed like the absolute best and went above and beyond our expectations.
Overall we would not have had the time we did without the help of Kalani Kauai. Thank you for everything.Written 10 August 2015
- We did not golf here, we visited the pavilion for a picnic and to enjoy the views,
it's a short walk from the parking lot to the pavilion. There are picnic tables and modern restrooms for use.Written 2 March 2022
- After being in the airport and on the airplane for hours getting to Kauai, I needed an activity to release the kinks and soften the sore spots. The Yin yoga practices and low back classes were outstanding. Perfect for me.Written 4 February 2020
- This is the only place in Hawaii I like to go to buy a ukulele. I bought my first on here nearly a decade ago, and I just brought my kids here (from Missouri) to buy their first ukuleles. Lawrie is the best. She’s very knowledgeable and can help you find the right ukulele for you. And you’ll leave feeling like you’re part of her family. You can tell they care about their customers.Written 17 March 2020
- A great selection of surf clothes, and a very friendly staff. I know they have more than one location, but this is the one we visited and believe it's their biggest store. It wasn't hard to find multiple shirts and shorts to like in popular sizes. It's not in one of the main shopping plaza's, but it's worth seeking out. I would say this store has the best selection of cool surf clothes on the island.Written 3 July 2022
- I've been diving with Mike and his crew since 2014. I fly in from CA. Initially I started off with a different company but once I took a DOC (Diver Propulsion Vehicle) cert course from Mike Hanna I was hooked.
I then went in to my advanced open water, rescue diver and then Dive Master certification.
Mike then connected up with Joe Dituri (look him up on Google) and I got certified in rebreather and Tri Mix thru IANTD. This week I crossed over to the Poseidon MK6.
Thanks for hanging in there with this long review. The bottom line is.... Dive with Mike. He'll take care of you. By the way, Brian O'Hare is the nicest diver out there. Don't miss a chance to dive with these guys. Top notch!Written 10 August 2017
- Dry aged local Kaua’i beef- raised, processed, packed and sold all by same family, Google maps takes you on a hike however was worth the find. Nice cuts of steaks and other local finds. “ Patsy & Loretta” are a great pair ;)Written 20 May 2022
- Hollis is just wonderful. She's very strong and really loosens us up and makes us feel so relaxed! I can barely drive afterwards. We have been going to Hollis for years and it's one of the things we really look forward to when visiting Kaua'i.
Her studio location is very private, quiet, soothing and safe. We've already booked for our upcoming trip to Kaua'i!Written 14 November 2018
- We took the helicopter tour with Blue Hawaiian of Kauai. It was a great way to see the Island from the coconut coast area, across the south section of the island to see the Jurassic Falls to Waimea Canyon. Than we went along the beautiful Napali Coast. We saw the north side & Hanalei Bay. It was about a 50 min ride with Marty as our pilot. Marty was very knowledgeable & informative. We recommend Blue Hawaiian as this was our 6th island tour.Written 12 March 2019
- This gallery is a hidden gem in Kalaheo. There are a variety of different items from woven scarfs to beautiful pieces of wood furniture and pottery. They have small gift items like painted wooden bookmarks and artwork depicting local scenes. If you are searching for an authentic item made in Hawaii this is the place. You will also be supporting the talented individuals who create these items many are unique one-of-a-kind pieces you will enjoy for years to come. Skip the mass-produced souvenirs and browse here- you won't regret it.Written 25 September 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Kalaheo
- The best day trips from Kalaheo according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Waimea Canyon Private Tour with Local Guide
- Private Waimea Canyon Tour
- Da Westside Explorer - Nature's Wonders, History & Local flavors (7-9hrs)
- Kauai Highlights Sightseeing Tour. Da best of the south, east and west!
- Kauai Waimea Canyon & Koke'e Valley w/ Lunch