Beaches • Geologic Formations
Top Attractions in Cannon Beach
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Wow! Beach a little crowded but the views! This is a must see. Parking is limited. Short walk to site.Written 7 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Haystack Rockand Cannon Beach are nice, but also the close Stateparks are a visit worth. You can go hiking and exploring plus the beaches are mostly more beautiful (line the Indian Beach).Written 8 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Ok I think this is one of the coolest things we've ever done at the Oregon Coast, and we've visited there (different towns/areas) for about 40 years! We did the hike up to the Tillamook Rock Lighthouse viewpoints (there were 3 total on our hike at varying heights along the way). It was a little tough in areas, but we saw folks older than we were, so we kept going - and so glad we did. It was a stunning walk, view, and experience. We went down on the other side, more of a service road, so it was an easier walk down. Our hike was about 3 1/2 miles total. Glad we wore pants - lots of scratchy things along the way. Wear good shoes, sunblock (even if it's cloudy!), take a snack or two, and don't forget water.Written 25 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited this beach on a rainy day. Walked down the beach, in and out of a few caves, and checked out the small waterfall and many birds in the area. Great for a different beach experience.Written 23 July 2022
- Very beautiful scenery. We spent a few hours here exploring and really enjoyed it! Highly recommended! I hope to make it back someday.Written 12 May 2022
- Very much worth a visit. The owner/artists do a great job of explaining things. The glass works available for sale are impressive.Written 24 July 2022
- Can't miss an opportunity to take a picture of a lighthouse! This one you view from land. It is now a abandoned and is a wildlife refuge.Written 14 October 2019
- Tolovano park is in the middle of Cannon Beach and is really the only place where you can see the Sea Stacks that Cannon Beach is known for. Being there in the midst of the COVID pandemic was interesting since there were few people on the beach and it was so much easier to view the Sea Stacks. Those are definitely worth it.Written 4 September 2021
- This play was well worth my trip to Cannon Beach in all respect but one. The acting, blocking, script, and character development made the show very entertaining, however the costume choices in scene after scene were distracting. I would have enjoyed myself much more if the costumer had made more appropriate choices. The Coastal Theatre is always my main reason for coming to Cannon Beach. It never disappoints.Written 28 October 2019
- If you have come this far, do ensure that you visit this history center, it's worth it's weight in gold.Written 10 July 2022
- This was a really beautiful view of the coast, and a nice area to walk around and splash in the water. We saw people swimming but the water was frigid so we just got our feet a little wet. If we had more time, this would be a great place to bring beach chairs and just relax.Written 25 July 2022
- While on a one day tour of Oregon’s coast, we stopped in Cannon Beach for lunch. Our group consisted of ten tourists and our guide. . As our time was very limited when we stopped for lunch, I did not have much time to visit shops. In spite of our limited time, I made sure to stop at the White Bird Gallery. I was impressed by the beautiful art works they had on display. On a return visit to Cannon Beach, I would like to stop in and spend a little more time as they had some beautiful art works on display.Written 3 November 2019
- If you like giclee prints, this is the gallery for you. The space itself is very pleasant, and there's an interpretation of Haystack Rock for all aesthetic tastes. Plenty of prints on offer, if the originals are outside your budget.Written 19 November 2021
- We stopped to enquire about the Cannon Beach nature trails and the docent was extremely helpful and took the time to give us maps and add personal insight to our questions.Written 22 June 2022
- Tuesday’s market is a wonderful addition as you hand pick delicious items for you next meal, the set up is great, and the vendors shine👍Kudos to volunteersWritten 7 August 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Cannon Beach
- The best day trips from Cannon Beach according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Oregon Coast Day Trip: Cannon Beach and Haystack Rock
- Oregon Coast Tour from Portland
- Oregon Coast Tour from Portland
- Full-Day Guided Oregon Coast Tour from Portland
- Northern Oregon Coast Day Trip