- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
5 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Visit Tranquil quite often, service and treatment excellent, very friendly. Can highly recommend Carol’s touch for reflexology.Written 18 July 2019
- Since my last review I have discovered the ‘disabled’ entrance, via a narrow passage at the side of the pub. I am pleased to discover this and have been back several times.
It’s not perfect, involving a 180° turn to get through the back door. You have to negotiate an inner and an outer door, though the staff will happily hold the door open for you. There is a sneaky little step up to the door so you need help, and the drop on the way out is best tackled in reverse.
The passageway is beneath trees, and collects dead leaves. The leaves naturally rot down over time and stick to the wheels. When, eventually, they dry out, bits will fall off over your carpet. Regular sweeping of the entry way would be very helpful to wheelchair users.
The back door leads to a raised area of the pub. There are enough tables and seats to accommodate up to maybe 20 people at a push. The rest of the pub, including the toilets, is 2 or 3 steps down. There is no handrail and no ramp.
So… A wheelchair user can get in, with a little help, but I could never describe the place as disabled-friendly.
Why do I keep going back? To see the current Sunday night entertainer - the immensely talented singer and guitarist, Jake Fletcher.Written 20 February 2022
- Beautiful town park. Very well kept. Water feature with ducks and geese. You can purchase seed to feed them at the cafe in the park. Historic hall in the centre with information boards detailing about the background. Playground in the centre of the park too. Beautiful gardens.
Parking for the park is immediately across the street.
Plenty of trees too to shade under on hot days.Written 29 July 2022
- Nice big play area, plenty of room for little ones to run around and play. There is a cafe in there which I nice but a little expensive.Written 12 January 2017