Tours near Towcester
Book these experiences to see what the area has to offer.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- I have visited Catanger three times now, once as part of a hen weekend, and twice with my 8yo son and his friend. All visits have been immensely enjoyable. Sarah is so knowledgeable and an excellent host. The trekking was such good fun and my son absolutely fell in love with his llama (so much so we had to trek with him again the next time). It is such a beautiful location and the walk around the farm was the perfect pace. It is clear that the animals are very well carrd for.
Communication in advance of arriving was very clear and Sarah went out of her way to provide extra information to help us.
Would definitely recommend Catanger as unique experience.Written 25 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Plenty to see and do in this interactive and fun museum. Try and plan your visit to coincide with a track event as you can access the circuit via the café.
We stayed at the Hilton Hotel which is a short walk away and highly recommended.Written 1 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I've attended a number of workshops at Vitreus Art. You always get a warm welcome from Mike and Jenny and expert training. I find each workshop easy to follow and I have always been delighted with the end result. I started as a complete novice. There are a selection of workshops now in addition to the glass courses. I've also tried some of these and they are the same high standard I have come to expect. The shop has a beautiful display of unique items to purchase, from lots of artists so if you are looking for something different or a special gift I would recommend a visit.Written 9 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent experience. Well worth the money and time. We travelled two hours each way and spent three/four hours at the track. You drive on the Stowe circuit Not the main track. Do not let this put you off booking at Stowe offers you an excellent track with two fast straights and plenty of corners. If you enjoy Karting you must try this as it's the next level up. A unique and extremely fun experience. ALL of the staff at the circuit were outstanding and made sure you were safe and had a great time. Thanks.Written 6 November 2023
- Great night at the races!
Lovely friendly staff and fun night out!
My mum had an allergy and they prepared her meal separate which was fantastic!
Would definitely recommend and visit again if in the area!
Thank you so much!Written 6 September 2021
- A bit difficult to find as you have to go down an alley to find it.No signs.Admission for seniors is £3.The first floor has a complete and comprehensive narrative of the history of the town,which I found very interesting.
Free parking in the nearby square.Written 2 June 2023
- We love coming to visit Wappenham farm.
Such a lovely place to let the kids get out in the fresh air, always plenty of parking and different events throughout the year. Our favourite is always Christmas time as the kids love to visit Santa and the elves, have a warm drink and a snack in the tipi.
The Christmas shop always feels magical with all of the beautiful decorations and it’s become a tradition to let the kids pick one each year. XWritten 24 February 2023
- This is such a versatile venue, it was the obvious choice for my party! with the big doors on the field opened up, we freely moved in and out of the building, enjoying the evening sun before it got too chilly. The sound system they have worked perfectly, I just plugged in my tablet and my playlist did it's thing. Emma (the Event Manager) was really accommodating and helpful when preparing for it and had suggestions and ideas when I was a bit stuck, the bar team were great and the whole night was really fun. Huge thank you to Emma and the team! :)Written 29 April 2019
- I will cycle here or walk as often as I can for the fresh air and brilliant view from the top. A great place to think, eat lunch, and hang out with friends. Best spot ever.Written 8 November 2022
- If you like a boot sale then this is a good one to attend, plenty of stalls, well attended, and plenty of bargains to be had.Written 30 August 2019
- Set on the site of an Iron Age hillfort, Whittlebury's parish church typifies rural church architecture, reflecting several phases of building and a c19th restoration. The churchyard has a pleasant ambience.Written 10 February 2022
- What an amazing half-day experience. Lovely breakfast followed by a wonderful lunch but it was all about the cars and the track ! Drove a Cayman S and a 911 Turbo - both great but the Cayman was absolutely superb on the handling track. Great instructors and an interesting variety of tracks and experiences with the cars. Highly recommended !Written 26 October 2023
- As a novice golfer visiting the area for a family wedding I tried my hand at the White course (Wedgewood) this is a great little course for a novice or any golfer working on their short game I guess... The greens were in great condition and are challenging as they are far from flat with nice gentle slopes and rolling mounds to catch you out and test your grasp of how the ball behaves... I loved playing this course and was sad I only got one round in as the weather turned very wet and wild and the course was closed due to accessive water...Written 1 November 2021
- The lovely location became apparent as we drove up the concrete access road complete with passing points to arrive at the hotel mid afternoon. Staff were lovely, so pleasant and helpful and our twin ground floor room was also clean and comfortable. Evening meal and a full English breakfast rounded off a perfect stay. The site is to be repurposed next year as a glamping retreat and I'm sure that too will be worth a visit. Recommended.Written 24 October 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Towcester
- The most popular things to do in Towcester with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Towcester on Tripadvisor
Towcester Attractions Information