- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
6 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Second Beach is tranquil and beautiful. It is definitely worth a visit when in Port St Johns to view the sunrise or for a walk along the river.Written 29 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The beach is long and unspoiled with the river coming into the waves from the north. A few lodges are just behind the dunes with easy access to the beach. Nearby is the town and some restaurants that offer good food.Written 11 January 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I've been her many times & I can. recommend, it's wild & pristine & has great fishing opportunities. If it's been raining you will need a 4x4 vehicle or an off road motorcycle or mountain bike or you can walk here. Great place to Braai/BBQWritten 18 August 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I've had the greatest of the experiences with Offshore Africa recently. The staff is fantastic: Debbie is very caring, always takes care of your needs; the skippers are really experienced, they know how to make you feel safe on board; and the guides are knowledgeable and always know how to make you laugh!
I really feel glad I found them, they have great stories to tell about their past years in the sardine run, they really know what they're doing! Also, they make you feel part of a great family and make you experience the most authentic South Africa.
Sardine Run is about luck, not every day you can have the greatest of the shows, but it's also about experience and they were always the first to find the action.
So I definitely recommend Offshore Africa if you're planning to come and enjoy the sardine run next year!
Cheers!Written 19 July 2022
- We used Wild Side Hiking for road transfers to / from Port St Johns airfield and Umngazi Hotel, and for 2 day hikes (Second Beach to Umngazi, and Umngazi to Umngazana & mangrove kayak). We were incredibly impressed by the level of professionalism from the unit. Albert runs a well-oiled machine. Our guide (Gini) and driver (Themba) were so friendly, nothing was too much trouble, and they knew their way around the area like the backs of their hands. I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again. The journey in seems challenging but go for it - you will be rewarded by the most beautiful coastline, hospitable people and revitalising exercise.Written 14 July 2022