- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
5 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- It is a beautiful spot with chalets nestled in sporadic areas. Well looked after and being nicely preserved. There was quite a few security guards on site. We only went for an hour and the beach is deserted and it seems very safe to go on hikes and even to swim. I saw no life guards on duty. There is also no restaurant or shops, so one has to drive to Port St John's or surrounds to get food if you decide to rent a chalet there.Written 24 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is truly a gem of the old Transkei (eastern cape). The park has 60 campsites and 7 chalets. The campsites have no power with sporadic taps located around, the ablutions facility were nice and clean but small, only 3 showers and three toilets with two basins so it could be unpleasant in season. We were lucky and had the whole park to ourselves for the week.
The chalets have solar power and looked nice.Best choose campsite numbers from 24 to 35 as they are located near the ablutions. Sites 36 to 60 are located opposite the river and you have to cross a swing bridge to get access to the toilet. Site 1 to 23 are a long walk to the toilet.
The beaches are awesome with the most sea shells I have ever seen on a beach.
Fishing is good.
4x4 drives into the reserve are fun and worth while to go to Dwesa point and walk to Mendu point and see the shipwreck , sea shell midden and whale bones. We used local guide vuyani,highly recommend.
Out side the reserve is Nqabara river which is awesome spot with excellent fishing and great river vistas.
Also note that this is a bird Mecca truly awesome.Written 21 July 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Second Beach is tranquil and beautiful. It is definitely worth a visit when in Port St Johns to view the sunrise or for a walk along the river.Written 29 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The beach is long and unspoiled with the river coming into the waves from the north. A few lodges are just behind the dunes with easy access to the beach. Nearby is the town and some restaurants that offer good food.Written 11 January 2019
- I've been her many times & I can. recommend, it's wild & pristine & has great fishing opportunities. If it's been raining you will need a 4x4 vehicle or an off road motorcycle or mountain bike or you can walk here. Great place to Braai/BBQWritten 18 August 2020