- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
12 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Fantastic Tour. David was a professional and courteous guide and good fun. The environment and scenery are truly beautifulWritten 26 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had the best day with Sarah and her team!
Highly recommended! You will not be disappointed!
We felt like we were part of their family for the day, and just loved every second of it. The horses are well looked after and I could see very much loved. Never in my life thought I will get to swim with a horse in the ocean. Definitely a core memory forever!
Thanks again Sarah and Kos
XxxWritten 28 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great experience, very knowledgable crew and sound boat. A must do in Gansbaai. Totally safe trip and we saw some amazing whales point blankWritten 6 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing day on the water seeing over 30 bronze whaler sharks. The crew was fantastic and we were happy with the amount of conservation education and importance of animal welfare to this group. I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting!Written 18 November 2021
- Superb and unforgettable experience. Wonderful day from start to finish and delighted with how fully the company is oriented towards conservation and respect for the animals. There will definitely be a “next time”!!!Written 3 May 2021
- We did the Big 5 cruise in perfect conditions with numerous signtings of all 5 - whales, sharks, penguins, seals and dolphins plus a variety of birds. We spotted both Great White and Bronze Whaler sharks and enjoyed plenty of breaching from both humpback and southern right whales. Another highlight were the endangered Cape humpback dolphins. A thrilling trip throughout with very professional staff who and all enthusisatic to share their superb knowledge of the marine life. Thank you Dyer Island Cruises, we'll be back again!Written 5 July 2022
- I had an amazing time being a volunteer in WSP, in all the boat trips I went, we saw Great White SharksWritten 16 July 2022
- Doing this shark cage diving was a dream for my husband and I just went along, but I am glad I did it. I would say that the thought was much more scary than actually doing it. Personally, I thought the company was very well prepared and knowledgeable. The staff was very friendly and accommodating to our needs. Our tour started at 3am instead of 8am, due to the tide rise and after seeing first hand how the tide change so quickly, I appreciated them for preparing for this. Some people got sea sick and the staff was very helpful and that was a big plus for me, they looked like they cared for their guests. The water was unbelievably cold, but they gave us complete gear which made it bearable and frankly once you get a peak at these creatures underwater, its such an amazing experience that forget about the water being cold. I would highly recommend it if you are looking for prepared staff and a memorable experience. The only down point is that is quite a drive and you don´t really enjoy much of it as the driver does not really speaks along the way and the food they offer, well, it could be better. Other than that, fantastic!Written 2 August 2022
- My daughter and I had a very good experience, but you need to make sure that you go with the right expectations. First - We saw two sharks but there are no guarantees. Second - The Boat ride was choppy, this is NOT a trip if you are the slightest bit prone to sea sickness (about 20% of the passengers on our trip got seasick and didn't participate in the diving). Third - The food and pre-trip videos were all good but not great (don't expect luxury). Go with the right expectations and hope for the best. We would absolutely do it again. The hotel pick up was very good.Written 27 August 2018
- I've always been scared to death of sharks and wanted to overcome this by swimming with them (in a cage). If you're in a similar position as me, this is the place to do it... the cages face the open water, but the back of the cage faces the boat, which I liked. Also, you can hold onto bars INSIDE the cage, which means your fingers aren't exposed to sharks. You also don't need a scuba certification, you just hold your breath and dunk your head underwater... all of this was super helpful in getting me in the water. These guys did everything right... recommended.Written 6 April 2016
- Great trip, exactly as advertised
We had 18 people on our boat, it's a Max of 20 but it's not overcrowded.
6:45 am pickup from Capetown at our hotel, 2hr drive to the boat.
There was breakfast served, a safety briefing then a 15 min boat ride to the shark area
Nobody on our boat was seasick, also the chum smell is not overpowering at all, it didn't seem to bother anyone
We saw 6 sharks, the first arrived about 15-20 mins after we dropped anchor.
2 lengthy turns in the cage, approx 20 mins each time which is enough, the water is quite cold.
Snacks, drinks, towels and a toilet were provided onboard as well as a hot lunch with salad and muffins upon return to shore.
A great overall experience, I would recommend this company to everyoneWritten 29 April 2014
- The morning started off with a delay on the sharklady's end, which made the group of 18 a tit bit restless... But boy were we in for a treat! X2 juvenile great whites of 2.5m in size as well as x2 massive stingrays (family of the shark) came out to play on the day!!! A BIG THANK YOU to the skipper and crew for your friendly hospitality. I will definitely be coming back with a few friends👌Written 19 June 2022