- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
8 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- We decided to visit Calitzdorp over the long weekend and to our surprise, it also happened to be the Winter (Port) Festival the same weekend.
One of the highlights of the weekend was speaking to Heletje (tasting room manager) at De Krans who, even though it was very busy, made time to engage with us on all the different ports they had available for tasting. She was very knowledgeable and entertained all our inquisitive questioning.
In addition to the extensive port selection, the food is also very tasty.
Will definitely be back!Written 20 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great wine tasting with fantastic wines and brilliant service. A slightly different tasting experience but one that we really enjoyed. We will spend a night or two in Calitzdorp to experience more of the excellent farms in the areaWritten 12 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a treat! Homemade quiches and cakes to die for - kids asked for more! Penny’s iced-tea in both lemon and berry highly recommended to counter the 35 degree heat. Such a lovely, creative space.
A have-to stop when in Calitzdorp.Written 9 January 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Truly the most underrated place in Calitzdorp. Upon first arrival, we were greeted by a quaint white cottage nestled on a hilltop , surrounded by vineyards.
Then we were greeted by our friendly hostess Riana to be treated to their selection of wines. It was here were I discovered a lost love of white wine.
Tonight , a few days later , we could not stop ourselves from opening one of the bottels we had purchased during the week. “Tant Annie” is truly wonderful and the Vintage Reserve is out of this world.
You would be doing yourself a disservice not to visit Du’SwaRoo , while visiting Calitzdorp.Written 16 July 2022
- What a gem. An oasis in a most unlikely location. A most scenic gravel road from Calitzdorp, 30 km out and you'll find Kruisrivier Gallery. But much more than that; great cappuccino and delicious fresh home made food. And biscotti to die for. Fir adventure motorbikers it will make a great stop before heading for the Swartberg Pass.
Written 17 April 2021
- What a lovely tasting we did at this beautiful farm. The view from the balcony overlooking the dam and farmlands is spectacular. The wines, to be honest, are not premium but we really enjoyed our visit and will definitely go back when in the areaWritten 12 July 2022
- What a wonderful collection of Calitzdorp history. A detailed exhibition and a very knowledgable host. A must for any visitor to Calitzdorp.Written 30 September 2021
- A wonderful authentic wine tasting experience. An hour of wine tasting with Peter, talking about his amazing wines and his life in general. It was priceless. Love the red wine and port. Such a humble and modest person. Can highly recommend!Written 7 March 2022