- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
41 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 41
What travellers are saying
- Springfield wines have been a favourite for many years and visiting the cellar was a wonderful experience. The service was excellent and ALL the wines good. We could still buy from last years vintage and cannot wait to taste the new wines that are in processing. We bought our favourites: Life from Stone and Miss Lucy. One of the waiters overheard me saying to my husband that I would love to taste the 1981 Chardonay, after we had finished our choice of five. The next moment she arrived with a complimentary glass for us. Wow, probably one of the BEST wines I have ever tasted. Rather expensive, but we purchased one for a friend who is a wine collector. cannot wait to hear his response.
We shall never pass here without tasing AND buying good wine !!Written 20 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A must visit Olive experience on a family run farm. The visit and range of products made and that are up for tasting and buying is also very good. You can even get a cold one at the bar if you are in luck!Written 26 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This famous and popular wine farm owes it's charm to the Retief family who has been making world renowned wines for a long time. The tasting area is busy and people just enjoy the food and wine tasting experience on offer. We had the Sparkling wines and cakes, just spectacular !!Written 20 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We nearly missed our trip as, we had driven past the turn-off for the cruise and had to go back but we made it with enough time to order a picnic. Don't forget to take wine glasses as they are not offered and with a drain brain like mine, could easily be forgotten and extra cutlery as there's only one knife in the box they put your picnic goodies in. The trip was lovely and we were amazed to pass the Goudmyn Chalets where we were booked in for the weekend. Next time, I hope we get a more relaxed crowd though. I'm all for people having fun but not at the expense of the people around you. Even so, we loved it and will be back. Cost is now R90 per person. There is a restaurant on site as well as a picnic area where you can eat instead of a picnic on the boat.Written 6 December 2021
- Wonderful experience. A must for all visitors to the area. And definitely blend your own. Staff simply cannot be any friendlier.Written 22 February 2022
- The olive oil is really good. But the little deli is exceptional. I am so happy with my all-purpose lavender cleaning spray. I cannot believe how many times we have driven past the Klaasvoogds West turnoff - this is an experience not to miss and we will be back.Written 29 May 2022
- The spectacular old building adds to the glamour of winetasting here, and this is why it is different from the more contemporary tasting spots in the area. most of the wine is for the export market, so not easy to find locally. Their Riesling is famous with the distinct diesel on the nose, very different and special. We loved all the wines !Written 20 April 2022
- Lovely cheese/charcuterie boards to accompany tasting. We ordered 2 boards but 1 between 2 adults would have been enough for our lunch. Stylish and comfortable tasting room. Nice for a lunch time stop en route to Montagu.Written 20 February 2022
- What a wonderful visit - Hirschill was a very engaging and helpful person - good knowledge of the wines and very helpful - very atmospheric wine tasting and parking - so pleased we made the visitWritten 18 June 2021
- You know what, we had a lovely time here! We stopped off to catch a break from the heat and stayed an hour. Such a lovely collection of art. A real gem.Written 13 January 2022
- Cheap visit for school, good food, but heart just goes out to birds in these cages with no stimulation or plants insideBeautiful birds (and other animals) to view and good food to be eaten in the restaurant, Not expensive at all. Just heartbreaking to see so many birds in cages without any stimulation or greenery (any form of plants) inside. Maybe take out the screens between a few cages inside so birds can have more freedom to fly around in. Maybe plant trees or and other plants inside these bigger cages. Create a "real world" for these birds like the birdpark between Gqebertha and Humansdorp in the Eastern Cape. Have a sense of "happy" birds there.Written 28 May 2022
- Fantastic (last bit of the) afternoon spent at Rietvallei.
The hostess was fabulous, and the wines and wine-testing was brilliant l.Written 9 July 2022
- Best place for a family lunch. Something for everyone. Every meal was great. Good local wines, if you want a good pizza, go here!!Written 30 December 2021
- As a new mom finding any child friendly venue can be challenging. We were very pleasantly surprised by Kranskop. We have visited Klaasvoogds before but somehow missed this gem. The wine tasting done by James was amazing, very friendly and informative host. The wines were excellent, leading to us purchasing a big order for our wine collection at home. The views from the tasting room is out of this world,but what impressed us the most was how baby friendly the venue was from having an excellent baby changing station in the bathroom, to having a baby high chair and lucky packets up for purchasing at the tasting venue. This is definitely a BIG visit recommendation for any new mom who loves wine tasting like I do! 5 Stars for thinking of moms with children and babies too.Written 19 June 2022
- My wife and I recently got married. We were meant to stay at another place in Robertson for our honeymoon, but it didn’t work out for various reasons. We ended up going to Fraai Uitzicht and we had such a great time. The cottages were fantastic with a fire place in the room, very comfortable beds and a beautiful view from our stoep. The staff were all very friendly, delicious food and wines and very helpful owners. Great location too, lots of wineries close by and hikes which can be done from the property. All in all a really fantastic place which we highly recommend if you visit Robertson.Written 25 December 2018