Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
10 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Lovely walk through market with nice stalls and eateries. Good masseuse too. Very varied and great atmosphereWritten 7 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We did a snorkelling trip with Animal Ocean Seal Snorkeling to Duiker Island. It was a fantastic experience to see all these seals. They were curious and mischievous. They came close before quickly swimming on and jumping in the waves.Written 8 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Absolutely stunning....the view of the Bay is simply out of this world...the sheer splendor of the vista will fill you with awe and wonder...take your time...absorb the beauty before you...sundowners perhaps? and/or a picnic...??Written 7 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A great welcome, nice atmosphere and excellent selection of beers. Well worth a visit. Make sure to ask for one of their loyalty cards.Written 7 March 2020
- Had an awesome time swimming with the seals. Animal ocean staff were brilliant. Looking forward to returning.Written 3 April 2021
- Three of us booked a Garden route tour for 4 nights from Capetown.
From the beginning all the communications were very clear, had no problem at all.
All places we stayed for overnight were quite nice and we had excellent driver - Sebu.
Will definitely recommend.
Rod, Olga and Nick from Vancouver, Canada.Written 16 October 2019
- Wow, what an experience! Went there with my family, Short ride, it was bit wavy and the sea was full of curious seals. Really fun and something completely different. Loved the challenge. Big thanks to Johan and the team.Written 10 September 2021
- Thoroughly enjoyed our trip to Chapmans Peak and then on to Seal Island. The only slight complaint we had was that the loud speaker system on the boat could have been used a bit more to tell us more about the area. Other than that we really enjoyed it.Written 1 January 2020
- This is an amazing trip to do, and whether you are local or foreign you will have a great day out. If you are from CT you may never have thought to come to Hout Bay for a whale trip, but you will not be disappointed. If you are a visitors - the day out is spectacular, and it is well worth coming out to HB for all the other fun things to do (beers in the sun at dunes, a dip at the beach which is a delight, and number of amazing restaurants...).
I found the guides very knowledgeable about whales and sea life but also about other topics - Brent also does guided tours in the mountains if you are looking for a knowledgeable guide on (nature and culture) to keep you safe along the local coastline and mountains (you need a guide in parts).
We saw lots of whales and sat and watched them for some time, as well as penguins, sun fish, and seals at the island. We were a few only on the boat and you will be very lucky wither way - it is quite small, open, good viewing. And you might be lucky to have some local marine life experts on board with you too. Of course, whales is luck of the draw - but the view of the coastline from the boat is pretty awesome too. I have had guests go out and not see whales (not for lack of trying on Captain Jack's part) who nonetheless had a lovely day and enjoyed the views of the mountains and the town and noordhoek/kommetjie from the boat. I was lucky that we had whales galore!
Really worth the excursion, even if you don't love boats (I get sea sick but the whales do make it worth it...)Written 4 May 2020
- This is the second time I’ve done this hike with Brent and family. A great experience and totally different perspective on Hout Bay, geographically and through Brent’s tales of the rock formations and his wife Donita’s sharing of her knowledge of the traditional fynbos remedies that abound. Brent knows every rock along the way (on a first-name basis!) and puts guest safety first. His son Mishak is an awesome co-guide and just a really nice young guy.
Highly recommended for anyone visiting or living in Hout Bay. I think this might become an annual pilgrimage for me 😊Written 13 August 2022