Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
11 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Lovely walk through market with nice stalls and eateries. Good masseuse too. Very varied and great atmosphereWritten 7 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We made a short pitstop at Chapman's Peak. Cool spot to take photos and admire the beauty of Mother Nature! So bring your camera and enjoy!Written 23 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Had an awesome time swimming with the seals. Animal ocean staff were brilliant. Looking forward to returning.Written 3 April 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Three of us booked a Garden route tour for 4 nights from Capetown.
From the beginning all the communications were very clear, had no problem at all.
All places we stayed for overnight were quite nice and we had excellent driver - Sebu.
Will definitely recommend.
Rod, Olga and Nick from Vancouver, Canada.Written 16 October 2019
- Wow, what an experience! Went there with my family, Short ride, it was bit wavy and the sea was full of curious seals. Really fun and something completely different. Loved the challenge. Big thanks to Johan and the team.Written 10 September 2021
- This is an amazing trip to do, and whether you are local or foreign you will have a great day out. If you are from CT you may never have thought to come to Hout Bay for a whale trip, but you will not be disappointed. If you are a visitors - the day out is spectacular, and it is well worth coming out to HB for all the other fun things to do (beers in the sun at dunes, a dip at the beach which is a delight, and number of amazing restaurants...).
I found the guides very knowledgeable about whales and sea life but also about other topics - Brent also does guided tours in the mountains if you are looking for a knowledgeable guide on (nature and culture) to keep you safe along the local coastline and mountains (you need a guide in parts).
We saw lots of whales and sat and watched them for some time, as well as penguins, sun fish, and seals at the island. We were a few only on the boat and you will be very lucky wither way - it is quite small, open, good viewing. And you might be lucky to have some local marine life experts on board with you too. Of course, whales is luck of the draw - but the view of the coastline from the boat is pretty awesome too. I have had guests go out and not see whales (not for lack of trying on Captain Jack's part) who nonetheless had a lovely day and enjoyed the views of the mountains and the town and noordhoek/kommetjie from the boat. I was lucky that we had whales galore!
Really worth the excursion, even if you don't love boats (I get sea sick but the whales do make it worth it...)Written 4 May 2020
- My son 28 convinced me to go . Im a 59y/o man who has never been in a wet suit, but off we went. Crew was Great... cant say enough. ok tip # 1... make sure suit in on correctly because the water is CCCCold. You might want to jump right back on the boat but give it a few minutes and you'll adjust. The Captain.is totally into it and will make sure you have a good time, as well as the crew. You will be amazed
Tip 2 hold on tight as the trip to and back is bouncy at times. maybe keep gloves on for a better grip and hold on to front rope too, I thought it helped.
Tip 3 Shower when you get back since there is a scent of the seals you carry with you even though at the time you don't notice,
My son and I had time restraints and at dinner I hoped our companions thought it was the ocean and not us that smelled like sea lions!!
Fun and amazing.
should be on everyones bucket listWritten 18 February 2020
- This is the second time I’ve done this hike with Brent and family. A great experience and totally different perspective on Hout Bay, geographically and through Brent’s tales of the rock formations and his wife Donita’s sharing of her knowledge of the traditional fynbos remedies that abound. Brent knows every rock along the way (on a first-name basis!) and puts guest safety first. His son Mishak is an awesome co-guide and just a really nice young guy.
Highly recommended for anyone visiting or living in Hout Bay. I think this might become an annual pilgrimage for me 😊Written 13 August 2022
- I really enjoyed the tour and cooking class in the Bo Kaap neighborhood. I learned a great deal from our guide and Andulela's cooking was delicious! She was a great teacher of how to make Cape Malay dishes, and I just made one at home.Written 17 August 2019
- Wonderful place to enjoy with the Friends and Family in good or bad weather. Great selection of ceramics and Not forgetting the lovely food they serve as well.Written 17 May 2021
- Thank you for your very professional service and a fantastic boat trip. Will recommend Nauticat Charters to my friends! 👍Written 7 June 2021