- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
6 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- We did a snorkelling trip with Animal Ocean Seal Snorkeling to Duiker Island. It was a fantastic experience to see all these seals. They were curious and mischievous. They came close before quickly swimming on and jumping in the waves.Written 8 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Walking along Victoria Road from Hout Bay to Camps Bay is well possible. It took me 2 and a half hours combining physical activity with enjoying spectacular views on the Cape shoreline.
It is a 13 km walk, but mind the elevation difference (some 160m). The section between Llandudno and Oude Kraal I found the most attractive. Motorized traffic on the road is annoying and sometimes there are cyclists passing by at high speed, but overall it is a very pleasant experience.Written 11 November 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A lovely place for a stroll as long as the wind isn't blowing. Also a nice place to swim if you don't mind the cold water.Written 26 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We made a short pitstop at Chapman's Peak. Cool spot to take photos and admire the beauty of Mother Nature! So bring your camera and enjoy!Written 23 October 2021
- This is the second time I’ve done this hike with Brent and family. A great experience and totally different perspective on Hout Bay, geographically and through Brent’s tales of the rock formations and his wife Donita’s sharing of her knowledge of the traditional fynbos remedies that abound. Brent knows every rock along the way (on a first-name basis!) and puts guest safety first. His son Mishak is an awesome co-guide and just a really nice young guy.
Highly recommended for anyone visiting or living in Hout Bay. I think this might become an annual pilgrimage for me 😊Written 13 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Hout Bay
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Hout Bay:
- 2 Day Safari Experience from Cape Town
- Cape of Good Hope-Cape Point & Penguins Private Tour from Cape Town
- 4 Day Garden Route Adventure & Safari
- 7 Day Garden Route with Addo, Cape Point and Winelands Small Group Combo Package
- 3-Day Private Guided Tour to Cape Town Top Attractions
- These are the best places for kid-friendly nature & parks in Hout Bay:See more nature & parks for children in Hout Bay on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly nature & parks in Hout Bay:See more budget-friendly nature & parks in Hout Bay on Tripadvisor