Popular things to do
- Wine Tastings
- Half-day Tours
- Wineries & Vineyards
- Mountain Bike Tours
- Culinary Tour
- Full-day Tours
- Cultural & Theme Tours
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Sporting Events
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Top Picks
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Ports of Call Tours
- Likely to Sell Out
- Transfers & Ground Transport
- Shopping Tours
- Air, Helicopter & Balloon Tours
- Weddings & Honeymoons
- Special Offers
Top Attractions in Franschhoek
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- What an amazing collection! Each car was breathtaking. The collection was put together with so many different kinds, and years. A treat for all!Written 11 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great scenery, just look out for motorcyclist who drive fast and reckless, same with the farm trucks...but a beautiful Pass to drive.Written 29 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We recently visited La Motte on a vacation from the US. There were eight of us. We made an appointment for a cellar tour and tasting. We were welcomed by Amy with a glass of delicious Sav Blanc. She led us on an informative and succinct tour of the wine production facility. We then sat for a tasting of their delightful wines. Amy was very knowledgeable, professional and friendly. The tasting area is beautiful. The estate is magnificent. The museum is definitely worth the visit. We would have loved to spend more time in the museum but we had another appointment. They also have a beautiful shop on the property. We had a wonderful experience at La Motte and would highly recommend it. I hope to return someday!Written 31 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We recently enjoyed a tour, tasting and dining experience at Boschendal and we are still talking about it! The property is breathtaking, and the beauty and history make this enchanting place a must see. We enjoyed the tasting lunch at the Werf restaurant, and it was one of the culinary highlights of our trip. The service staff on the beautiful deck was warm, efficient and accommodating. The wines were fabulous, and we only wish we could have taken more home to share. Don't miss the farm shop as the selections are exceptional. We will certainly be hunting for the Bochendal label at home in the US and dream of returning to this beautiful estate and is wonderful people soon.Written 31 July 2022
- You must come and try this winery. You get to explore the home and then partake in a delicious tasting of your choice. The wine is absolutely exquisite. It is a more private affair which means that you can enjoy the wine and ambience with your host. We come here every time we come to Franschhoek to enjoy the experience, taste the decadent wines and get top notch service. We never walk away empty handed.Written 12 July 2022
- More than a year later,standard definitely even better,people streaming in,this winery understand the importance of clients.
Staff and service stunning stunning,we've spent more than 3 hours here.
Views spectacular,unbelievable place.
Lovely wines at a fraction of the price of other wineries.
Well done guys 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏
Will be back 👏 👏Written 5 January 2022
- Imaginative sushi with the best ingredients and artful presentation, but unfortunately at an extremely high price. Perhaps acceptable to Europeans, but a real investment in a gourmet experience for South Africans. The wines are quite nice but overpriced and at the most medium quality for the Franschhoek wine region.Written 15 June 2022
- Visited here for a wine tasting and decided to have a spot of lunch as well. We were seated out in the garden and had a great time. It’s a beautiful setting, lunch was excellent and a great place to taste to try their wine,
Definitely worth a visit.Written 26 April 2020
- I’ve visited before but thought I would taste again before buying. The service was a little slow initially. The place is amazing. The wines are good. I left with a few bottles. I do think they could maybe wave the tasting cost if you buy wine. Anyway, the wine was 21% off so you can’t complain.Written 3 February 2021
- A wonderfully personal visit to this brilliant vineyard.
After being greeted with a complimentary glass of delicious rose, we were welcomed by the owners who were so kind. The shared the interesting history of the vineyard and the wonderful wine they sell.
Highly recommend!Written 5 August 2022
- The venue is well set up for tastings and the restaurant if you choose.
We tasted the Icon Range of wines (red only) and they were fabulous.
Our consultant was very helpful and left us with the bottles to review, all of which were amazing.
We thought the best was the Sleeper Shiraz Range and took two bottles for our collection. They came in beautiful boxes which was a bonus.
There are things for the family to do whilst the adults taste the wine. Even a wine tour on the back of a tractor trailer which looked good fun.
Will definitely be back.Written 13 April 2022
- We enjoyed an amazing wine tasting! An absolute must if you are in the area!! Luyanda’s service was 12/10 with his incredible knowledge of the wines and the most friendly service! The wines were delicious! We will definitely be back!Written 17 July 2022
- Lovely wine, probably the widest selection of a tasting menu that I saw. One one the most incredible views in Franschoek. A must visitWritten 28 March 2022
- After researching wineries in the area, this was one my wife didn't want to miss. It was one of the nicer wineries we visited, and had lovely grounds with fantastic views.
The staff was friendly and knowledgable, and was able to answer all the questions we had about the wines we tried.
We tried most of the tasting menu and enjoyed their South African and French selections.
The atmosphere was relaxing and we enjoyed our time here. I would recommend Rupert & Rothschild to anyone looking for a nice winery in Franschhoek.Written 10 April 2022
- Winter renovations were in place, so we didn’t get to enjoy the place at its best. We loved the art exhibitions, some lovely sculptures and bold paintings. The wine was so so, too many different categories for our liking with different price points making us second guess the wine. Food options was good. We had oysters and pasty. Good start to a day‘s wine visits.Written 23 June 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Franschhoek
- The best outdoor activities in Franschhoek according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Franschhoek on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Franschhoek according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Paarl, Franschhoek and Stellenbosch Wine Tour from Cape Town
- Stellenbosch and Franschhoek Winelands Full Day Shared Tour from Cape Town
- Cape Winelands Private Tour to Stellenbosch and Franschhoek
- Stellenbosch Winelands Experience
- Private Full-Day Stellenbosch, Franschhoek and Paarl Wine Tour from Cape Town