Top Attractions in Addo Elephant National Park
What travellers are saying
- This was a memorable day. Addo blessed us with the most amazing game viewing. Every waterhole was a treat and we saw so many elephants and other game. This is a gem of National Parks.Written 26 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Very well organized game drive with a very enthusiastic and informed ranger. We have seen a lot of game, highlight the 3 lions walking together. Very nice dinner is included, tasted very well.Written 7 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- What a hidden understated gem! Beautiful hiking through forest, farmland, beach and the most magnificent dunefield.
The information from Sanparks is unfortunately a little sparse. The 1st day is 21km according to all of our Garmin recordings instead of the 19km the information leaflet states. Its a challenging but doable hike for moderately fit hikers.
Also check the tide table, the Sanparks officers don’t offer advice. The incoming tide almost caught us as we were negotiating rocky beaches alongside dune cliffs, was a little nerve wrecking but all worked out fine.
The overnight hut was actually quite well equipped in terms of a gas 2 plate stove, utensils, pots , kettle, etc. So no need to carry that in backpack unless you want to picnic along the route as we did with coffee etc. No running water though, just jojo tank with a tap. Shower is a wetwipe and little water and soap down..
The dunes on day 2 are absolutely breathtaking and another good 15 km of challenging hiking.
Also great birding experience and great views of Bird island.
All in all amazing experience!Written 17 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A really lovely spot to visit, especially with animal-mad kids. As it does wild animal rehabilitation, many of the animals have a back-story which makes it more interesting. The walk-in aviary is amazing, built around a beautiful tree and a platform for viewing the colourful inhabitants. The restaurant area is very neat and comfortable, and the menu is good. The service is friendly. It is a perfect place to visit on your way in or out of Addo Elephant Park. Highly recommended.Written 17 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- What an adventure we had trying out all of the equipment Chris came prepared with. My husband and I could try out sand boarding, sand sledding (lying down, sitting up) and splash boarding hidden away amongst the stunning dunes and river views.Written 8 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had an incredible 2 day stay with a group of guests, Moffat and the other staff members were very professional and made sure that we were well looked after from start to finish.
The rooms are great, the facilities beautiful and clean and the wildlife wandering around makes you feel completely immersed.
Can't wait to go back againWritten 26 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I can just recommend impiventures to everyone, who's looking for a great day in the Addo Park. Our guide, Harry, was extremely kind and had outrageous knowledge about the park itself and the animals..He often stopped and showed us animals that we surely would have passed without him..We saw lots of elephants (some of them were like 5 meters away), zebras, warthogs,.. The BBQ, that we had for lunch and which was included, was also great.
All in all it was a great day for us!Written 23 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Nice 4 x 4 trail with great views saw some nice birds. As mentioned before it's not a super taxing 4 x 4 route and the first half is very easy. Then you climb some hills to get the views and 4 x 4 is very handy.
Despite the great views the map it rubbish. Sanparks should provide a proper mad with all the detours on it you can follow the sofa that say 4 x 4 route but all these detours come up and you have no idea where they go or how far.
It should also be made clear its a 45 min drive from camp to get there. Then when you end it's a big drive back to adobo main camp if that is where you are based about 1 1/2 hours. If you can book to stay at the dam or be prepared to drive back.
But great trail we really enjoyed it.Written 16 January 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Addo Elephant National Park
- The best outdoor activities in Addo Elephant National Park according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Addo Elephant National Park on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Addo Elephant National Park according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Addo Elephant Full Day Safari with a Traditional South African Braai (BBQ) Lunch
- Addo Elephant 5 hour Morning Safari.
- Addo Elephant National Park from Port Elizabeth - FD01
- Addo Half Day Safari
- Addo Elephant National Park Full-Day Safari
- The most popular things to do in Addo Elephant National Park with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Addo Elephant National Park on Tripadvisor