What travellers are saying
- What an experience, we did two nights in the park and three days driving round ourselves.
Unbelievable to experience, this massive park 3rd biggest in Africa.
We saw a number of animals, Elephants, Zebra, Hogwarts, Kudu, DugBeatles Rhinos, Buffalo, Monkeys, Baboons, Turtles, Mongooses, Eland, and the list goes on.
Most of the animals were need the watering holes so make note of that.
Also love the point scoring sheet you are given to tick off every you see.
Loved every minute of it.Written 26 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were recommended this game drive by the owner of our lodge near Addo and were not disappointed. Being a private game reverse the change to see the animals is huge and the guide was very knowledgeable and friendly. Great organisation and we had a lovely dinner.Written 21 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A really lovely spot to visit, especially with animal-mad kids. As it does wild animal rehabilitation, many of the animals have a back-story which makes it more interesting. The walk-in aviary is amazing, built around a beautiful tree and a platform for viewing the colourful inhabitants. The restaurant area is very neat and comfortable, and the menu is good. The service is friendly. It is a perfect place to visit on your way in or out of Addo Elephant Park. Highly recommended.Written 17 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a hidden understated gem! Beautiful hiking through forest, farmland, beach and the most magnificent dunefield.
The information from Sanparks is unfortunately a little sparse. The 1st day is 21km according to all of our Garmin recordings instead of the 19km the information leaflet states. Its a challenging but doable hike for moderately fit hikers.
Also check the tide table, the Sanparks officers don’t offer advice. The incoming tide almost caught us as we were negotiating rocky beaches alongside dune cliffs, was a little nerve wrecking but all worked out fine.
The overnight hut was actually quite well equipped in terms of a gas 2 plate stove, utensils, pots , kettle, etc. So no need to carry that in backpack unless you want to picnic along the route as we did with coffee etc. No running water though, just jojo tank with a tap. Shower is a wetwipe and little water and soap down..
The dunes on day 2 are absolutely breathtaking and another good 15 km of challenging hiking.
Also great birding experience and great views of Bird island.
All in all amazing experience!Written 17 September 2021
- Also dieser Guide wusste was er macht!
Denisley was very Patient with us and explained us everything very well. He is a good driver and Knows anything you can Imagine about all the animals inside the national Parks.
Die Safari war mega! Wir haben 4 der Big 5 gesehen.
Der Park ist atemberaubend. Bisher die beste Erfahrung in SA!Written 25 October 2023
- We had an incredible 2 day stay with a group of guests, Moffat and the other staff members were very professional and made sure that we were well looked after from start to finish.
The rooms are great, the facilities beautiful and clean and the wildlife wandering around makes you feel completely immersed.
Can't wait to go back againWritten 26 November 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Addo Elephant National Park
- The best outdoor activities in Addo Elephant National Park according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Addo Elephant National Park on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Addo Elephant National Park according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Addo Elephant National Park All Inclusive Full-Day Safari
- Addo Elephant Full Day Safari with a Traditional South African Braai (BBQ) Lunch
- Half Day Addo Elephant National Park Safari
- Addo Elephant National Park Full Day Safari
- Addo Elephant 5 hour Morning Safari.
- The most popular things to do in Addo Elephant National Park with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Addo Elephant National Park on Tripadvisor
Addo Elephant National Park Attractions Information