Top Attractions in Weehawken
What travellers are saying
- Great place to take in majestic views of New York City and the Hudson River in the background. Only downside is that the park does not allow dogs.Written 2 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A heavenly view. nothing you can see another place. Some of our Jojim Tours staff visited this great place on vacation.Written 15 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Port Imperial is two things. For the commuters it is the ferry terminal that I tend to avoid because it is too expensive and the NYC drop-offs are not very convenient (I explain more in my NY Waterway review).
The second, which is what this review is, is the area of Port Imperial which is a gorgeous planned development on the Hudson. There are hotels, shops, restaurants, and IMO the most important thing, the riverwalk. Second only to Hamilton Park, these are the best views of midtown anywhere.
There is parking (avoid the ferry terminal, especially on weekdays) throughout the area so if you are coming from out of town for dinner and a stroll it is convenient.
Overall, a lovely place with outstanding infrastructure and views.Written 19 September 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Every town in America ...fir the most part...has a war memorial of some kind, the difference with this and the others...the view. With the greatest city in the world, and at the start of the palisades...this spot is a photographers dream.Written 14 June 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Amazing view of New York City. Great place to take a stroll. We took family pictures so that the city was in the backgroundWritten 5 July 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Went to a restaurant in West New York for dinner and drove passed Old Glory Park. It'd be an awesome date/night cap. The views of New York are absolutely stunning. Definitely worth seeing. Better than actually being in NY!Written 4 November 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- On your way to IKEA Brooklyn, see the Statue of Liberty as you take the free ferry from the midtown pier. Beware, the free yellow shuttle that brings you to the pier has no set schedule nor regular service. After waiting over 30 minutes, we took the city bus. We found the shuttles all parked at the pier. Washrooms were clean.
The ride is clean and fast with great views of the city. Plenty of safety bars to hold onto and plexiglass downstairs. The return trip is just as good. We took the free shuttle heading downtown and the driver was very kind to let us off at the street corner we asked him.Written 8 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Celebrating my husband's birthday...this dinner cruise was beautiful...they took all the right precautions due to covid...the boat, staff, food, music and ambience was just what we needed for a night out.
I would definitely recommend, relaxing evening the mood was already set..Written 2 August 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My friend and I traveled from Western Mass to see Rock Kandy and in particular - Constantine Maroulis on this cruise around Manhattan. Luckily we arrived early, the pier is within walking distance of the Sheraton where we were staying. We boarded and food was already being served and we got a table right away. The food was pretty bad banquet type food - ziti and sauce, mashed potatoes, string beans, chicken fran, salad and a roll. It was served to you and no seconds! We never saw any dessert. The drinks were in little plastic cups at $10 each but they were pretty strong. The boat was absolutely packed with people wandering around looking for a place to sit with their food. So glad we were early. We went upstairs for sail away and the first maybe hour of the cruise. It was a beautiful night and the scenery was amazing. There were no announcements about when the music would be starting...we thought we heard music but were afraid to loose our prime viewing spot on the railings so we hesitated a bit then decided to go back down and check it out. Good thing we did, the warm up guy was playing and there were people milling about so we got a good spot up front for when Rock Kandy started and finally Constantine. The crowd grew tremendously and we actually got pushed right up front. We felt like part of the band we were so close! It was hotter than blazes in there but worth it. Rock Kandy was great and so was Constantine who only sang for about 20 minutes. He did a meet and greet right after which was awesome. For $60 each, it was certainly worth it. We missed the Statue of Liberty because we were afraid to loose our great spot in front of the band but that was okay. I have to say that if we were anywhere else on the boat during the performance I don't think we would be too happy...t's very cramped in there and don't know how anyone would of seen them...you would certainly hear them, but see them? All in all we would do this again in a heartbeat!Written 9 July 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Weehawken
- The best outdoor activities in Weehawken according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Weehawken on Tripadvisor
- The most popular things to do in Weehawken with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Weehawken on Tripadvisor