Showing results 1-30 of 119
What travellers are saying
- Cool little area that you can hang out at before or after a game. They have a few food options in the area along with alcohol.Written 14 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Boneshakers kicked butt, musically speaking. I was surprised not to see a bigger turnout for an act of this quality. Despite the place’s name, don’t go expecting soup! And the food options are minimal, but the music is the point, and there’s a fine selection of adult beverages to accompany it. Great funky blues bar atmosphere. Sound system could have been better.Written 12 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My friend and I stayed at an Air B&B that was right across from this delightful place. I had looked up beforehand as a place to visit but was excited to learn how nearby it was! We went on a Thursday night after looking up the protocol (password) on their social media (@thethaxtonstl) which they post on Wednesdays. The drinks were delightful, especially the spirit-forward ones. I didn't take a picture of the menu, but it seems to change often, with new and delightful twists on old favorites. Asking for recommendations based on what spirit you enjoy is a good idea! It was a quiet night, but the mood was fun and the whole experience was lovely.Written 6 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- From before the show to all the way through the end this was a great experience. We did get valet parking and you will want to watch closely to the entrance for it if this is.your first time. A man to the south of the building will direct you in and take your keys. Once inside we did skip the meal (in addition to the ticket price) but did have some blue crab dip as an appetizer and once the show started had them bring us a piece of carrot cake which. We shared. Service was good but a little slow. We sat in the balcony and there was one waiter for the entire section.
We watched the first set of Jeremy Davenport. A terrific trump player with a great band backing him. His sax player was outstanding. Jeremy normally performs at the Ritz in New Orleans but is originally from St. Louis and performs annually at Thanksgiving. His music was outstanding.
The venue is right across from the Fox Theatre and if they have a show going at the same time you will have some traffic. Looks like local entrepreneurs (scavengers) were selling parking anywhere from $10-$20. We paid $15 for valet. A couple restaurants within walking distance if you don’t want to eat at the venue.Written 25 November 2023
- We received a Pub Pass for Christmas and are working our way thru the book; today was Earthbound Brewing. They are located in south city on the corner of Cherokee & Iowa directly across from Casa Loma Ballroom in the beautfifully rehabbed mid 1800's former Cherokee Brewing Co. building. Paid street parking is available all around. I think they would be easier to find if they put their name somewhere on the outside of the building vs. just their unique red symbol. Totally rehabbed inside and out, Industrial inside w/ super tall ceilings, concrete floors, orginal pillers and long wooden tables, each with a unique pattern on top that the guy behind the bar said he handmade. Their "second floor" is a suspended gangway overhead leading to a few unique sitting areas hovering 12 feet above the ground floor. There are picnic tables outside in their gravel garden. Checking out their beer menu, their qwerky names give hints into the ingredients. Fuzzy Pickles (gose).. made with hops that smells and tastes a bit like pickles (in a good way). Dead Druid King, a limited edition black wheat sour where oak leaves vs. hops is used, cucumber pepper Kolish (gotta love cukes) and Thai Basil IPA... yep tastes like Thai Basil....get my drift? Tasters are $2 so we shared quite a few. They also offer $3 1/2 pours and $5 or $6 full pours depending upon the beer. We settled on Splash Party Saison for my free beer.. Yum! But all we tasted were very unique and tasty. They also offer a qwerky Hawaiian short food menu - some w/ spam turned into sushi (Musubi). Unfortunately food was not available when we were there as we were game to try the Musubi. Overwall we had a great time drinking some great unique beers. Next time we'll return on a Saturday for their walking beer tours at 2, 4,& 6 PM for $15 that includes the underground cellars and a walking beer.Written 28 July 2019
- Absolutely fantastic. Did I say it was awesome? We can't wait to get back there. Fun, atmosphere, friendly staff on time reservation and excellent food. Loved the personality of this restaurant as much as the food.Written 7 November 2023
- We were three adults and two boys (13,8). Three of us wanted the ribs, but they were out of ribs (at 6:00 on a Sunday?). We made other choices with the help of our very accommodating waitress. She also gave us some beer samples and sauce samples since I wanted to be sure the boys liked their choices before we ordered and wasted. Sitting outside was wonderful since it’s in the heart of LaCledes Landing. The boys crossed the street to look at the wax museum window while we waited for our food (which took at least 25 minutes). The restaurant also has plenty of inside seating and a very nice bar. Moderate pricing.Written 28 May 2019
- Went to see a show at The Pageant. Since we're from out of town, we asked some of the staff there where we could go and this was a recommendation. Good prices on drinks and bar food, fun atmosphere, not too loud for a conversation.Written 16 September 2019
- Great Environment And great selection of cigars. Place doesn't close till midnight or 1 AM and has a great selection of Bourbons if you like that and everything reasonably price.Written 3 October 2022
- Paddy O's is a great spot for pre game festivities. Place was packed with fans from 10:30am on.. great atmosphere, lots of room upstairs, downstairs and outside on the turf. Good music, good drinks and everyone seemed to have lots of fun. The food could be better and few more stand up tables would be good as well but overall is a good place to hang out and have few drinks before the game.Written 10 April 2023
- Recently stopped in to hear a concert with several local bands. Was very impressed with the servers, the food and drink prices. At first when I saw their small menu I wasn't going to get anything but I was starving.... so I opted for the italian flatbread. It ROCKED! There could have been a little more of it but it was VERY good.
Another point is the sound man, not sure if he was the house son man or not but the sound all night was not too over bearing or loud. It was in your face and you could feel the low end but when I left my ears were not ringing.
Overall a very good evening in a new venue( for me) I will be back!
Rock on Old Rock House!Written 9 September 2019
- I've been here three times and I've never had a bad beer. I really like that they brew a variety of beers (rather than 4 variations on an IPA) so beer drinkers of all preferences can enjoy a brew. My only complaint was they have sprinklers in their patio area that can be a bit aggressive on a windy day.Written 1 August 2020
- This venue is the perfect size! You are close to the stage without being smushed. The slope of the room makes visibility great everywhere. The bar is well-staffed with quick service, so you can get back to the show. We will absolutely visit again.Written 5 March 2020
- Excellent pizza and wings! Some of the crispiest and most flavorful wings I have ever had. Pizza was outstanding, love that you can get a slice, and they are huge. Great drink choices as wellWritten 20 September 2023
- The cocktails are unique and each one more delicious than the next! I went there several times with friends, and I at never deceived by the setting, the atmosphere, the quality of the service and the cocktails! The menu changes regularly, but I recommend in particular the chocolate one!Written 9 April 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Saint Louis