Historic Sites • History Museums
What travellers are saying
- NightWood is a must do for anyone who loves nature, light, mediation, music and a romantic walk through the sparkling woods. It is also a welcome respite from the holly, jolly and merry barrage of bright red and green decor that is typical this time of year. It is a magical journey toward, into and through the light.Written 27 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- On a beautiful summer evening we enjoyed the performance of Kelly O'Hara in the Seiji Ozawa Hall at Tanglewood. Ms. O'Hara was an outstanding artist who performed many songs from her Broadway shows as well as other songs that had meaning to her. The acoustics in the hall were excellent and made the performance all the better. We had seats on the side of the hall, which resulted in our turning our head to see her perform.
If a person has mobility issues I do not recommend that they purchase tickets for the second level, in that there is no elevator or escalator to get there.
Tanglewood is a wonderful performance space. The lawns are magnificent and the views are unmatched. There are many parking lots, so one must be aware of where they parked. A very nice touch is that there are trams supplied for people who need assistance to get to their cars
A highlight of any summer is to attend a performance a Tanglewood.Written 3 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful nature preserve with lots of trails to hike..
Up the mountain or around the pond. Definitely worth a visit for 2 to 3 hours.Written 29 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We saw the play, Lunar Eclipse, starring Karen Allen and Reed Birney. Playwright Donald Margulies was in the audience. Remarkable performances.
We also had drinks and a cheese board before the play. Very good food at reasonable prices. Warm and friendly atmosphere.Written 16 September 2023
- This gilded age mansion was restored by the local community. We had a nice tour of the house with a docent who brought old stories to life and told us all about the renovation. Can you believe they wanted to tear it down!? It is beautiful. Sorry we could not catch a lecture or a concert; try checking online and timing your visit for thatWritten 7 October 2023
- We were the first visitors of the day at this very interesting property. For the lover of modern art, this is a must see. It is the first modern mansion built in the New England area. Their sense of style and intuitiveness about modern architecture is way ahead of its time. Both being artists, the home is filled with not only their own art, but the art of other modernists from the same time period. One should be aware that it is a long walk from the parking lot to the home, but they do have a golf cart to, bring you up to the home if you are unable to walk that far. Don’t miss the documentary that tells about the couple and their artistic endeavors.Written 1 August 2023
- Cool little sculpture gallery place around the back of brava. We just looked in cause it was sort of late at night and nobody was there, but we liked the funny style of it.Written 22 February 2023
- gorgeous library, so much history. We went upstairs to see the original courthouse and the beautify dome. They have great used books for sale too with reasonable prices.Written 10 June 2022
- Well kept grounds! We took the 3 mile round trip with a 1000 foot elevation (I think). Not easy but also not the most difficult. Charged our car in that two hours with the station right there. Loved looking out from the top!Written 22 August 2022
- Very nice views and a bit of exercise for walking around the park on a sunny fall day. I was not looking for trails and so this was an ideal place to be.Written 7 November 2022
- Sam and Tracy were so pleasant to talk to. The shop has a wide variety of gifts for everyone. Would recommend a visit definitely if you are in the area.Written 28 August 2021
- Unique and interesting art pieces. Enjoyed the salesperson who was quite helpful. My wife bought a piece in the shape of the infinity sign that has been admired by friends when they saw it.Written 22 November 2019
- Had a great experience with lots of different mediums of work. Very well presented and staff is very nice as well. Just even to browse. Will go back when we are in the area again.Written 7 March 2022
- Pond? I would call it a lake. It affords relaxation, and a perfect spot for hiking or strolling or photographing. Lovely vistas.Written 17 July 2022
- Gallerist Lisa Hado-Mark, an artist herself, has an eye for art that embraces the joy of color, process and transformation. Her love of these things is evident in every piece she selects for the gallery. Don’t miss the experience of visiting this gallery. You will, like others, return.Written 13 October 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Lenox
Lenox Attractions Information