Top Attractions in Loretto
What travellers are saying
- We arrived about 30 minutes before closing and it was still worth it! I wish we had gotten there earlier, others in our party saw much much more. The grounds are beautiful, and the feeling of history surrounds you. Those who know bourbon are well familiar with the traditional wax topped bottle of Maker's Mark but having the opportunity to dip your own bottle in the wax makes it a souvenir so much more personal! We also got charred barrel staves with the instructions on how to soak them and use them in our grill at home to bring the bourbon essence to our BBQ. The final touch of hospitality was a tram to take us and all our liquid souvenirs back to the car!Written 7 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A beautiful drive on a two lane road. Very scenic and a great way to see the Kentucky country side and small towns.Written 15 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- toured after MM and was quite a contrast. Much more industrial and commercialized but just as interesting. Plan to spend a few hours on the campus and don't miss the bar-b-que dining experience. Lots of history about the generational Beam family. Large shop for Bourbon enthusiasts.Written 26 June 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Visiting this cemetery was a must on our trip to KY as it is ancestrally significant.
It is located on the grounds with the Holy Cross Church and a nice country drive about 20 minutes from Bardstown, KY.
It was easy to find as it is located at a small intersection on on this two lane road.
The cemetery is well maintained but some of the older gravestones are in their own little display area as it appears they were separated from the actual burial sites.
There is a historical marker on this site as well related to the establishment of the first Catholic settlement in these parts in 1785.Written 23 April 2020
- While visiting Bardstown we drove out to this church which has connections to ancestors. Is is located about 20 minutes from Bardstown and not difficult to find as it is right on the corner of a small intersection.
The day we visited they were doing some construction but we were still able to get into the church.
We found it to be a lovely little church with beautiful stain glass and statues.
It is a small country church but has very rich history with Catholicism dating back to 1785 for this area.
There is a church cemetery on the grounds as well as a historical marker.
It is a nice drive into the countryside of KY and a quiet visit to this little piece of history.Written 23 April 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Loretto
- The best day trips from Loretto according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Bourbon Tour: Buffalo Trace or Woodford or Four Roses or Wild Turkey or Other
- Makers Mark, Four Roses or Woodford Reserve or Bulleit or Others
- Bourbon and Derby: Makers Mark or other + Churchill Down