Top Attractions in Immokalee
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- This was our 4th or 5th trip to Lake Trafford and Airboats and Alligators. We like to take our northern friends and family to see the gators and bird life that Florida has to offer. Airboat rides are a safe, sure way to do just that. The facility itself is messy little grocery store surrounded by a few caged birds and snakes for your viewing pleasure while you wait for your ride to begin, and the staff is nice but all business. “Do as you are told and wait your turn.” Lol. The ride itself is approximately 90 minutes long and you will see all the alligators, of all sizes, you care to see. The lake is full of them!! We also enjoy seeing the bird life. Yesterday we saw an eagle, some little stilts, cormorants, egrets, a swallow tailed kite, and a small flock of roseate spoonbills among the many other bird varieties too numerous to mention. Our driver was very informative and answered all our varied questions while he pointed out the sights of interest along the way. To sum up, don’t expect fancy, but if you want to see alligators and some of Florida’s wildlife in a safe way, give this a try. I think you will like it.Written 5 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The museum offers a historical view of OLD FLORIDA ranching and pioneer life. The indoor museum is self guiding with lots of air space. Make sure to obtain a map to be sure not to miss all the displays throughout the 15 acre grounds. IMPORTANT, touring the pioneer home is not possible presently as it’s under major renovation so make sure to check their website or call ahead to see if the work is completed. There is still plenty to see and learn under its present state and I recommend a visit.Written 1 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- CREW does excellent job maintaining some beautiful Floridian ecosystems and preserving beautiful nature. The trails allow for close contact with both lush flora and amazing fauna of swamps and marshes. Great area for bird watching.Written 31 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We just stopped because we saw a parking lot and we wanted to get a better look at some amazing dew-topped spiderwebs. But there was a short walk on a paved trail to a tower, which allowed us to observe a vast array of birds and gators across a gorgeous marsh. Saw roseate spoonbills, great blue herons, tri-colored herons, snowy egrets, anhingas sunning, and more, all at once!Written 31 December 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Quick stop off I75- stopped on our way from Miami to Sanibel. Nice little trail, not stroller friendly or anything like that but good for a quick hike. Be careful because many areas are muddy and we had to turn back 3/4 of the way through because the trail had about 8 inches of water that we did not wish to wade through. Really cool plants and birds Throughout.Written 28 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Since re-opening, they seem to have put in a lot of newer machines. They are trying to keep spacing for Covid safety, but while I saw several "clean team" people wandering around, very seldom did I see them actually cleaning anything. We stayed one night at their hotel so spent two days at the casino. Both times they seemed to "tighten" the machines at noon, and only loosen them slightly a couple hour later. Overall, the machines seem considerably tighter now than before the Covid shut-down. Guess we're paying for the new machines. Used to make a monthly trip, but will be cutting way back - just not fun to constantly feed the machines with almost no return to keep it interesting.Written 7 March 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We took a one hour tour with Airboats & Alligators as a part of our Everglades Day Safari package and wanted to add a review since it was a key part of our day.
The Marina was welcoming but unpretentious with exotic birds and a large snake in cages around a central store on a dock lined with several airboats in a narrow waterway that led off into the lake and swamp. Across the road was another waterway with young alligators watching as we arrived in the foggy morning.
Capt. Fred, clearly a long-time airboat operator, featured inside the store in photos, greeted us and expertly guided us about the lake, bringing the boat close to bird nests and alligator nurseries without disturbing the occupants. Since we were touring as a part of the Everglades Day Safari package, we had our own guide, Mark, with us who offered much of the commentary via the headsets we all wore. Capt. Fred offered additional commentary and the two guides were respectful of each other and worked very well together to ensure we got to see some amazing birds, alligators, and other wildlife.
We always felt safe and were able to completely enjoy the experience. Highly recommended!Written 12 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Awesome experience. We drove 45 minutes hoping this is a true farmers market. We are so delighted that we got to visit.
You simply pull in, park anywhere and walk around from one vendor stall to the next. Awesome produce. Fruits and vegetables were plentiful which goes without saying. Some items were same price as retail stores yet many items were dirt cheap. Especially in bulk. We had Sugar Cane juice freshly squeezed. They also had fresh coconut water, orange juice as well. Shop keeper was super nice. He saw our delight and kept giving us more sugarcane juice for free. We got some mangos which look so good. One vendor had so many different spices. There is a stall selling roasted corn.
Well worth the drive! Since we don’t live locally, we were limited on what we can buy but for those who live around here, this is the place. $20 for giant box of Tomatos. Wish we had more time than one hour we spent here!Written 9 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Awesome beautiful sunset. great fishing great view.they also have RV Parkand they have bait in the marina and they have snacks and drinks alligators in the back that you can see. And they have hairball rides .Written 15 December 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Immokalee
- The most popular things to do in Immokalee with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Immokalee on Tripadvisor