Top Attractions in Salida
What travellers are saying
- My husband and I enjoyed a beautiful day of Spring skiing in late March. We arrived around 0830 and enjoyed coffee and breakfast burritos in the lodge. After breakfast, we enjoyed an excellent ski day! No lift lines, fresh powder, plenty of sunshine - and best of all, very few people! This is also one of the more affordable resorts in the state.
I grew up skiing on this mountain, and it hasn't changed much since then. This is a much better option for those who want to ski for skiing's sake, and not just go to a brand-name resort for status and social media posts.Written 1 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was fabulous! A beautiful ride to the top, amazing views, great picture moments, and you can stay up there for as long as you like- even hike a bit from the top!
Very windy, so dress for warmth!
Check the weather before you go - if you go in July, I saw the earlier the better! By noon, you risk rain fall and the tram shuts down.
Free popcorn after, too!!
This was just amazing!! Please do this! You won’t regret it!!Written 11 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lots of people enjoying the water. Kayaks, sups, rafts, or just floating down the river. We spent the afternoon in the sun enjoying the water.Written 1 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Stop in on a Saturday afternoon. The four of us sat up at the bar. Bartender was very pleasant and made a great drink. The liquor they make I thought was very good. Want to go back.Written 19 April 2022
- We drove through Salida and all I could imagine was living here. Deer eating out of people’s yards, people walking the neighborhood, the coolness in the air. We took the Spiral Drive mainly cuz we heard you can see everything. Just be careful cuz Waze gave us the wrong directions but just follow your signs and you’ll be up the mountain. Anyway, we got to the top and it’s really breathtaking. The views were amazing and I could see trails down below and said if I lived here this is where I would be! Definitely put it on your list!Written 16 September 2020
- We found this on our way home and stopped. Nice place, friendly staff, good price. Three pools total. A Small younger kids type pool with water features. The larger pool has a small slide, diving board, climbing wall, and lap lanes. The middle pool is the warmest it was 101 degrees on our visit. Not too busy. Clean and easy parking.Written 30 June 2019
- The volunteer staff was knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. He answered all our many questions about the area and the history of the hatchery. He also gave us big buckets of fish food so we could feed them. There's tons of fish pools - more than you can see when you first get there. It was a great experience.Written 3 July 2021
- The area is super nice for relaxing, sticking your feet in the water or tubing. We tubed down and the water levels were so high and the current so strong that all 6 of us, ended up out of our tubes at least 2 times. I thought the life jackets were a joke but probably saved our lives. It was scary through the rapids.Written 26 July 2022
- Went to a special presentation on local Ute Prayer Trees presented by the author of the book the offered for sale there. It was fascinating! Followed by a group hike to see some of those trees, although I wasn't able to go on that.Written 11 August 2019
- We stumbled across this place looking for a place to have a picnic. We have a Nat. Park pass so we didn't have to pay. There are several picnic tables with large rocks nearby. The grandkids had a good time climbing around on the rocks. We watched rafts and kayaks for a while and that was interesting. The surrounding scenery and the Arkansas River are pretty.Written 8 June 2021
- Love the set up with several building to search through. Even a free section for the really thrifty personWritten 8 October 2019
- I came in Thursday after an appointment as I needed to find a wedding present. Mark showed me some pottery from the wide selection. I told him that it needed to be shipped to the west coast and he said he can take care of that. I returned Saturday and he took care of everything. Theres's a nice assortment of pottery.Written 14 May 2022
- Obviously, each person enjoys art in their own special way. However, we find it hard to imagine that - even given that tastes differs widely - anyone would walk into Katie's gallery and not being amazed by her work, her talent and her personality. We have looked for paintings or photographs for our Breckenridge mountain home for over 3 years. Our issue was, that we wanted something that catches the spirit of our flora and fauna but isn't the "same old, same old". We were about to cave and buy into one of these "classic mountain scenes" when we stumbled about Katies work. Her talent to caption the dynamic and power of animals in vibrant colors is so refreshing and her paintings (we came for one and ended up with three) are now centerpieces in our home. Make the drive to the charming town of Salida and be amazed yourself!Written 12 July 2020
- I’m my from Texas and I love wineries. This winery is tucked away in Salida but definitely worth going too. The atmosphere was beautiful and the wines were delicious. Plus pet friendly!Written 19 June 2022
- This Gallery has a lot of beautiful different pieces and a very relaxing atmosphere there. people may really it here.Written 12 December 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Salida
- The best day trips from Salida according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Full Day Intermediate Rafting Trip in Browns Canyon
- Browns Canyon Half Day Raft Trip - 10am
- Full Day Browns Canyon Rafting