Top Attractions in Templeton
What travellers are saying
- We did not have a reservation and it was within an hour of closing time on a Thursday. Fortunately there was room for two at the tasting bar. The woman who offered the tasting-I believe her name was Michelle, couldn’t have been more accommodating. We were so blown away by their selection of wines we went way over our budget- and it was worth every penny! We now have wine on hand for the holidays- and we’re bringing a special bottle to our kids who have recently moved to Colorado. Highly recommend this Vineyard.Written 30 July 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had never visited Epoch, but knew people that had and raved about the place. Plus, we had consumed some of the wine and knew we liked it. Compared to some of the other wineries, Epoch is a bit further out Hwy 46 toward the ocean. They are located is a lovely mountain area where you feel completely away from everything.
I contacted Epoch about doing an elevated visit and tasting. We wound up doing a production tour and tasting. The tour was interesting and gave a great behind scenes look at how they make and age their wines.
After the tour we did the tasting. It very casual and we were walked through each wine by our dedicated tasting team member (who also took us on the tour).
Highly recommend making a reservation for your visit. This way Epoch can have a a tasting team member dedicated to you and your group. A regular tasting you can book on-line. Anything elevated, you need to contact them.
We enjoyed their wines do much, we are now members and looking forward to our first shipment.Written 16 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Loved the rural setting with vineyards, oak trees, and an old school house. We were greeted by Finely, the constantly moving vineyard pup, immediately after getting out of the car. The tasting are outdoors only (mask required until seated), but it is so lovely that is where you want to be. A nice Counoise based rose, two Zins, a Malbec and a Cabernet Sauvignon were bought out in 4 oz servings that we poured. These was minimal conversation from the server, but we enjoyed being left on our own to sip wine, chat, and soak in the ambience. The Bailey Zinfandel was my clear favorite, although all of the wines were well made and at reasonable price points ($28 to 50). Great place to chill in Templeton!Written 21 May 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Jack Creek Farms is a really cute and fun little roadside stand for fresh vegetables and produce. We took our granddaughters do you go explore what they had there. We thoroughly enjoyed looking over the pumpkins but make sure you are aware they sell them by the pound. It turned out it was less expensive for us to buy them at trader Joe’s. The farmstand however, was great fun!Written 5 March 2020
A diamond in the rough. This was a great find unknown to most.
Of all the wineries in Paso Robles this is the one you want to visit.
The owner Ishka and his right hand woman booking agent for the winery Margaret are a phenomenal pair.
We booked many wineries prior to coming to Paso Robles but upon arriving still had a spot open on Sunday morning. We were referred by another winery to make sure we saw Guyomar winery. To our great surprise we were accepted and an appointment was set for 10:30 am. We arrived at Guyomar winery and were greeted by 2 elephants guarding the front gates. We would find that these elephants represented the body and spirit of the philosophy of the owners. The vineyard was meticulously manicured.
We were to learn the the vineyards were dry farmed. This increases the stress and decreases the volume increasing the intensity of the wines we were about to taste.
Then came the wines, OMG.
Ishka then provided the personal touch.
The winery owners philosophy about the land, terroir and his praise for his mentors Richard Sauret consultant, and wine maker Steve Glossner .
Next came a special touch the food of Ishka’s home land of Sri Lanka butter Chicken. The spices paired well with the intensity of the wines
If you get an opportunity to visit this winery it will be a highlight of your visit to Paso Robles
Thank YOU Ishka and Margaret.
SteveWritten 24 March 2021
- This is a wonderful winery. Great wines, nice tasting room. It is one of the oldest in the area, I believe. Staff are all knowledgeable and friendly. While you are there you have to take time to visit the llamas. The staff gave us a cut up apple to feed them and it was so much fun. Mom is a little shy but her son is quite outgoing. The whole experience was wonderful and made our day.Written 28 December 2018
- We had been given this recommendation from the team at Turley and we loved it!! Great wines and super friendly staff. Personal favorites- cab and petit Syrah. Went back for a repeat before we left!!Written 30 October 2019
- This was a great stop for wine. It is off the hwy 46 and was very lovely. We did a full tasting and enjoyed our time visiting with Justin and Jose. Became wine club members with their dessert/ specialty wines. This is one of the oldest wineyards in Paso.Written 20 September 2018
- AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS olive oil! I was given a gift of a bottle last year and it’s all I use now. We went to the annual Harvest Party and the women were very helpful and friendly. You can fill a bottle with olive oil yourself (caveat: there is a man there who will offer to “show you how it’s done” and will end up filling the bottle himself; if you tell him you’d like to do it yourself he’ll fill it anyway … so if he’s there you probably won’t actually get to fill your own bottle) but you still get very good olive oil and it’s still worth a visit. They have lots of other products too like olives (obviously) and lotions, soaps, balsamic, spice mixes, etc.Written 31 October 2021
- Four of us had lunch in their open-air Bistro on June 11th. The food is American and was very good; two of us had the hamburgers, which were excellent. I also purchased two bottles of their white wine. All-in-all a very pleasant experience; highly recommend and we will return.Written 18 June 2022
- Had a blast doing a wine tasting with the owner and wine maker. It was completely evident this guy loved making wine and couldn’t care less about how others fell he should be making wine.
Great wine. A must stop for Zin lovers everywhere.Written 3 July 2019
- I cannot say enough about the experience we had at Hansen Winery. The setting was perfect, the wine was exceptional, but the company of the winemaker was what made the experience so special. Bruce treated us like family, telling old tales, having us gather around to hear about his wine and stories, and ribbing my husband (who totally deserved it). No one wanted to leave the company of our new found favorite, we will return and we will drink more wine! Cheers!Written 1 April 2018
- Our friends insisted on stopping here during our exploring Paso Robles. To our delight they were having a buy one case get one free event. We were all happy campers for the rest of our visit.Written 28 May 2018
- Maybe the best wines in the Paso area, but tucked away from the others. Full of flavor, rich and not a fruity bomb. Templeton Gap is the new area to watch in Paso.Written 12 July 2021
- Mostly known for their Pinots, but all of their wine is very good. Very friendly and accommodating staff in the tasting room.Written 22 May 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Templeton
- The best day trips from Templeton according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Semi-Private, Modified "Hop-On Hop-Off" Wine Tasting Tour from Paso Robles
- Paso Robles Wine Adventure with pickup from Paso Robles, CA
- Semi-Private, Modified Hop-On Hop-Off Wine Tasting Tour from Morro and Cayucos
- Paso Robles Wine Adventure with pickup from San Luis Obispo, CA
- Paso Robles Wine Adventure with pickup from San Simeon, CA