Wineries & Vineyards
Top Attractions in Paso Robles
What travellers are saying
- Relaxed fun place that feels like it's for locals. They do a nice flexible testing that you can customize, and lots of knick-knacky souveniers available. I only held back a star because they try and sell a little too hard.Written 8 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We've read some other reviewers about expense and quality of Daou. We were impressed. Not full of themselves, we would say proud of their products and surroundings. We were. Professional, clean, overall first rate. Charcuterie and cheese plates were just as good as their wine selections and well presented.
Impressed and will return.Written 14 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Sweeping views from this winery! Beautiful inside & out and we liked the fact that this wasn't one of the main, crowded wineries and a bit off the beaten path. Our server, Philly was wonderful...so friendly and entertaining. He definitely made our afternoon memorable & fun!
Loved the little gift shop area...fabulous toffee, candles made in recycled wine bottles, and other goodies. You can order lunch or appetizers to have with your wine tasting and also sit inside or out. If you buy 2 bottle of wine, your tasting fee is waived.
Loved this winery!Written 31 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A lovely area for a walk and mini history lesson of the area. Not to mention many wines for pours. Sadly, hubby wanted to taste as part of his pour the Sirrah - a speciality of the winery. That was not available - so we left without any wine. Four stars for the grounds and beauty. Two stars for the winery itself.Written 18 July 2022
- The winery is located west of Paso Robles. We got a reservation and was able to wine taste and eat lunch on their patio with our dog. The patio and grounds were beautiful. The lunch menu varied from a great salad to hamburgers and other entrees. All the food was delicious. The lady that did the wine tasting was excellent. She was very knowledgeable, made it all very interesting, answered questions so well. This is one of the best places for lunch and wine tasting in the area.Written 19 May 2022
- Lots of historic aircraft and artifacts. If you're at all an airplane buff, take advantage of this gem. Cold war planes and even a Titan missile. Great for kids to get up close.Written 18 June 2022
- Such a unique experience! Stunning display of millions of lights that subtly change colors. It almost reminded me of pictures of the different colored tulips in Holland. So peaceful and zen when the crowds aren't there. Go right at dusk or later if you want to avoid large groups of people. You follow the half mile loop at your own pace and there are benches along the way. Photos do not even do this justice. Added bonus: firepits to relax by and enjoy live entertainment, food & drink (wine and beer) trucks.
Very peaceful and zen like.Written 31 July 2022
- Stopped at this winery on a Friday morning hoping we could be seated as we didn't have a reservation. It was recommended by a friend who had stopped there. They seated us and to our surprise the tastings were free of charge. They said they were the only winery still doing free tastings. The wine was great and the people were very nice. Bought a bottle of red wine and they asked us if there was any military affiliation. My husband was in the AF in the 60s and they gave us a 40% discount!
I recommend this winery for sure but suggest you make a reservation. We got lucky because it was early in the morning.Written 16 August 2022
- My review of Justin winery and restaurant is objectively based on our trips to visit other wineries around the world. This includes Napa Valley, Sonoma Valley, most major wine areas in France, including Burgundy, Bordeaux, Champagne, Loire Valley and Provence. We also frequent Willamette for Pinot, the Finger Lakes, NY for Reisling, and Niagara on the Lake, Canada for Ice Wine. We have also been blessed to have tried a handful of 1 and 2 Star Michelin restaurants in France and the US, and not too long ago attended a private dinner in Las Vegas at Bouchon where our host was none other than Thomas Keller. I list those experiences for context. I rarely write reviews, but my last visit to Justin was so exceptional, I decided to take a moment to share. Full disclosure, I am a fan of Justin and have been for many years. I even participated in the virtual wine tastings with Justin Baldwin at every opportunity during Covid! That being said, I have not been to the winery and restaurant for over 10 years, and my most recent visit exceeded expectations. Their team is awesome. From Joan to Larry, Evan and Ben...I was treated like a VIP. Their Bordeaux style red wines and blends are all fantastic, and if you are a wine club member, or better yet, an Isosceles member, you have access to the wine society lounge, and can upgrade to a library tasting, which I did. All of the wines I tasted were so good and you quickly get to a point where you just appreciate the quality level and passion that goes into it. I was really looking forward to the wine pairing dinner, and it was AMAZING. I do not recall the name of my server (darn), but she was great, and Ben, the Sommelier was a true rock star. We had a lot of fun as we talked about the different vintages and nuances of each. The food was on another level, so much so that I temporarily became one of the crazies who takes photos of each dish!!! (I do not normally do that).. there are so many great wineries in Paso alone, but Justin stands above all in my opinion. I am currently enjoying a glass of Justification from my most recent shipment, and I cannot wait to go back some day. I hope this review is helpful.Written 25 June 2022
- We went as a large group of 12 for lunch and were treated so well - we had a delicious lunch, tasted some excellent wines, and had a personal tour by Andy Niner himself, without asking. Their hospitality was the best we experienced during our weekend in Paso Robles and their wines were some of the best as well. Super Paso and Fogcatcher are definite favorites of mine, Paso reds are my jam.
They really put up with our group, which can be a trial at times, and made us feel welcome and well cared for, to the point of bringing us lap blankets when a few were cold.
This was a highlight of our weekend and we are still reaping the benefits in their wine regularly.Written 5 August 2022
- This stop was at the end of the day. A very eclectic winery and vineyard. The wine was nice and our wine ambassador very nice and accommodating,Written 17 April 2022
- We love this winery's products! First time here to taste and our wine educator was first rate and knowledgeable about the wines and pairings. Clean and tidy. A very enjoyable visit! Will return.Written 14 July 2022
- We have tasted wine in Paso Robles for several years probably been to over 40 wineries and this is one of our favorites! Everything was delicious. Beautiful air-conditioned tasting room but also outdoor covered porches looking onto a gorgeous view of Cocavin winery.Written 14 August 2022
- Excellent wines ranging from very good to superb. Wonderful place for a very good lunch with wine tasting.Well be back.Written 27 April 2022
- Today was our 4th visit to Castoro Cellars. We love the outdoor tasting experience and the good assortment of white wines. Today we were served by Cathy H. and she was EXCEPTIONAL. We learned more from her in an hour and a half than from all of our tasting experiences combined, so far on this trip. We left with 6 bottles too!Written 6 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Paso Robles
- The best day trips from Paso Robles according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Semi-Private, Modified "Hop-On Hop-Off" Wine Tasting Tour from Paso Robles
- Paso Robles Wine Adventure with pickup from Paso Robles, CA
- Semi-Private, Modified Hop-On Hop-Off Wine Tasting Tour from Morro and Cayucos
- Paso Robles Wine Adventure with pickup from San Luis Obispo, CA
- Paso Robles Private Wine Tour