Top Attractions in Coronado
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Beautiful beach, loads of space, calm, sandy and gentle water. You can hire beach chairs etc from the Del even if you’re not staying there. Beware buying anything from the Del, it’s ridiculously expensive ($9 for an OJ).Written 10 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Points of interest right across from the Hotel del Coronado are Adella Plaza Fountain, the "Sit a Spell" blue piano (one of three on Coronado) and the El Cordova Hotel.
This is also where we rented bikes at Little Sam's Island and Beach Fun.
From here, we rode through the bustling downtown shops area until we reached the neighborhood. The traffic was sparse, the trees shady and the houses incredible. Each one so custom, well loved and special. With an active military base, it was evident that many of these structures are home to those who have served in the military.Written 6 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Not far away is Ferry Center where we parked our bikes shopped a little and got a bite to eat. Walking paths and the public beach make this a popular little spot. If not limited on time, the ferry is an eventful way to access Coronado Island.
Rejuvenated, we rode back and said good-bye to beautiful Coronado Island and hello to a little Italian flair in San Diego.Written 6 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Clean, beautiful views all around! Great spot for people and their furry family members to enjoy a stroll along a family-friendly and dog-friendly beach.Written 27 December 2021
- We love going to the theater and no place more than Lamb's Players. As long time season members, we have seen every genre from fun musicals like 'Mix-Tape', to amazing dramas such as 'Babette's Feast' and our favorite 'Festival of Christmas' in December featuring an original play every year. Lamb's actors are so talented, I can't begin to give them the kudos they deserve. Bravo!Written 24 February 2020
- Downtown Coronado is absolutely lovely and so nice. If in the area, do not pass it up. Restaurants, shops, and a sense of Coronado.Written 13 January 2022
- Located right on the beach paved parking lot camping with water and electric hookups dump station in campground very tight parking we’re able to have a campfire in an enclosed firepit 6” off the ground with was nice in evening children and adults bike, skate, rollerblade through park it’s fun to see all the fun families are having during the day the beach is lovely not crowded everyone is friendly dogs are allowed to come but not allowed on beach the weather in July 72* Day and 64* at night perfect there are stores only a few miles south Home Depot, Vons , CVS I definitely will go again. To get there we drove over the Coronado Bridge which is no toll fee easy to navigate.Written 17 July 2022
- We had been to San Diego several times and returned with friends. We took them over to Coronado Island and walked around the historical Hotel del Cornado. We had lunch reservations on the island following but had about 30 minutes to spare. We drove to Centennial Park and just walked around and took in the views and serenity of this park.Written 22 February 2020
- Make this your first stop in Coronado. Staff are friendly and helpful and the property / hotel are gorgeous.Written 2 January 2022
- Took a little drive today from Encinitas to Balboa park and decided to check out Coronado. I haven’t been there more than 1-2 times in 23 years of living in SoCal. Anyways decided to check out some local parks and we stopped at Spreckeles Park. It was very nice and got the feel of what it would be like to live in Coronado. Anyways the park is very nicely manicured with flowers and trees in the park and along the street. There is a huge gazebo and people jogging kids playing in a very updated playground. Lots of swings and slides. Also there were artists selling their artwork by the roadside. It felt really folky and something out of a movie. Great park to see how the other half lives :)Written 19 September 2021
- Very nice park, large enough for soccer teams to play on full size fields, right on
San Diego bay and access to the bike path that runs all around the bay. Great views of San Diego and plenty of parking. There is room here for anything you want to do!Written 19 September 2021
- The library's super-intensive Covid protocol deserves a rating of "5" all by itself! Upon entering the library, a staff person greets you and directs you to the temperature-reading device (free-standing machine) and, when cleared, you can then frequent the library. As we were only visiting and had no need to us to use book stacks or other resources, our visit centered around browsing the book sale choices.
This library has a limited number of used books which the purchaser pays for in the honor system cash-box. The larger book resale (Second Hand Prose) location around the side of the building was closed but it is supposed to be open 3 days a week (apparently not the day we were visiting). But, during the era of Covid, it is hard to say if the closure will be longer.Written 3 April 2021
- I proposed 37 years ago to my wife at this Park. It is a small beautiful park that gives a great view of the bridge and the bay. It is a quiet place that has a playground, nice grass, and picnic benches. Nice place to relax and to propose to that someone special.Written 10 March 2022
- Nice to see the Historical House. It is a private residence and not open to the public. Just a quick photo opportunity.Written 2 August 2021
- My husband and I recently got married at Sacred Heart, and it was just beautiful – everything we had hoped and waited for over two years of COVID postponements. The church is lovely, intimate, and inviting, and we so appreciated the kind assistance we received from Anne Rising, Fr. Jim Rafferty, and Claudia Drachenberg leading up to the big day. Although we live out of state and are not parishioners, the church accommodated us as my elderly grandmother lives in San Diego and I grew up going to mass at Sacred Heart during holidays. I have many special memories at the church and felt so fortunate to have been married there as well. Thank you for everything!Written 17 January 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Coronado
- The best day trips from Coronado according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- The San Diego Tour: La Jolla, Old Town, Gaslamp and Coronado Island
- The San Diego Highlights Tour
- Full-Day Private Grand Tour of San Diego from LA - 10 hours
- San Diego Private Tour
- The San Diego Tour from South Orange County