Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Capernaum
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- This town/museum/archaeological excavation started out as a small fishing village pre-Jesus and has been an important religious destination for centuries. There are two ancient synagogues here, one built on top of the other (and two of the oldest synagogues in the world), and a house that supposedly belonged to Peter. When you walk down the streets here, you get a very real feel for the history and power of the place, no matter your personal religious beliefs.Written 11 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of the highlights of our visit to the Holy Land were the ruins of Capharnaum, the fishers' village where Jesus lived for an important part of his active life. Boarding the lake of Galilea. For people involved in Congo, the spot on the ground with the form of Congo's map is important.Written 25 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Unfortunately the gardens surrounding the church had been greatly harmed by a brush fire the week before we visited. The church itself is surprisingly simple and did not seem well-cared for, compared with other churches. The view from this spot is lovely!Written 2 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I attended this tour virtually and it was simply amazing. Our tour guide Amit was so knowledgeable. I am definitely signing up for more! This is the best thing next to actually being there! Thank you, Amazing Jerusalem for providing this opportunity, especially during this pandemic.Written 14 January 2021
- This was one of the highlights of our 7 day pilgrimage to the Holy Land! The area around the church is lovely and well-maintained. You will want to linger, walk around and soak it all in.Written 2 August 2022
- This Greek Orthodox monastery is very interesting.. There is only one monk living there with his father for 30 years! The church is decorated in beautiful murals showing scenes from the life of Jesus. The gardens are stunningWritten 18 October 2021
- This is a most unusual looking church from the outside. Our tour guide explained the significance of its octagonal shape, and inside the view of the Sea of Galilee and walls of windows are delightful. The surrounding temple ruins and displays were very interesting.Written 2 August 2022
- An historic site with some interesting findings. Well orgenized, and easy to visit. There are still more excavations there - so I am guessing there will be more to see in the future. You can also enjoy the circle route around tge site and it's view.
Part of the histiric region of the Galilee, at the roman and byzantian times. Worth the visit.Written 10 November 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Capernaum
- The best day trips from Capernaum according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Nazareth, Tiberias, and the Sea of Galilee Day Trip from Tel Aviv
- Nazareth, Tiberias and the Sea of Galilee Day Trip from Jerusalem
- Private Tour -Haifa to Follow Jesus steps-to the Sea of Galilee-up to 6 guests
- Jordan River, Nazareth and the Sea of Galilee Day Trip from Tel Aviv
- Private Tour: Nazareth, Tiberias and Sea of Galilee Day Trip from Tel Aviv