Top Attractions in Calistoga
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- it was great fun we took my buddy and his wife they both loved it . The tour was fun and we had a lively group with us . the wine was great and the guide was bubbly and fun . this was my third tour and i learned something new every time . If you have not been there yet you must go .
Mike DWritten 4 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We booked the cave tour with wine and cheese pairing. Our host (Leslie?) was pleasant and informative and did a very nice job. While the tasting was pricey, of all the places we visited, this is the one Napa winery we’d consider returning to. The sparkling wines were wonderful and the 2 I packed home in my suitcase made it cross country plane ride no worries. The drive up the winery lane is interesting. Glad we didn’t meet the tanker truck that was getting ready to leave when we pulled into the parking lot!Written 2 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful winery and outdoor setting. Heather did an exceptional job with our selected wine flight. All of our selected wines were very good!Written 12 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We stopped at this smaller winery and had a great hour or so with Dave. He was passionate and knowledgable about his product and was so accommodating. We had some great conversation, purchased wines to ship home and could not have been more pleased with the service we received. The wines were lovely..they have a great variety which will suit a number of palates. Again..we could not have had a more pleasant afternoon than we did at Arroyo. While wine is the centerpiece of Napa, spending an afternoon with a passionate and interesting sommelier like Dave is what it is all about.Written 9 July 2022
- My husband and I really enjoyed our visit to Chateau Montelena. I found the grounds to be beautiful, the Chateau interesting, and the wine tasty. I would definitely return.Written 7 August 2022
- Enjoyed a wonderful tasting in the paddock area and then after we took a nice stroll to meet some of the horses. Their Bordeaux blends were exceptional and we bought quite a few. Really nice location and great wines.Written 11 July 2022
- I've been in California forever and did not know of this interesting site! First, our son took us..... we got the best ever deli sandwiches at Molsberry's Market, just off Mark West, address 522 Larkfield Center.....could not find a tripadvisor listing. Anyway, got our lunch, water and chips and off we went. The Forest has a few nice picnic tables and we took advantage of one of the ones in the shade!
Very interestingand level walk, nice hand out guide, benches along the way. There is an extra 1/2 mile walk which we did not take as it was way hot. There is a lot of shade however. Hard to believe anything can be this old!!!
Park was neat and tidy, bathrooms clean, staff friendly but, alas, the gift shop was closed so looking only. I imagine purchasing was possible w/out going inside.
We all do Disneyland and San Francisco but this is more of our kind of place, quiet, quirky, slow paced!
Give this an hour of your time. Don't forget your deli sandwich!Written 27 July 2020
- We enjoyed our visit to Sterling Vineyard. The setting and the aerial tram ride to the tasting room are excellent. The wines were good. The staff was friendly but perhaps a bit to chatty.Written 5 July 2020
- We visited here with friends. Great wines with good pedigrees. We were hoping for more sparkling wines. Mike was a great host. Pleasant outdoor venue.Written 30 July 2021
- This is very close to Calistoga (10-15 minute drive). Small charge to drive into the park. We went for a daytime hike when it was very hot (low-mid 90's), but the Redwood trail is very well shaded and provided great relief. I did not a fair bit of poison oak along the side of the trail, so stay on the trail. There were a fair number of gnats that you are aware from them buzzing your ears. I suspect a little bug spray beforehand would have eliminated that problem. The Redwoods were really interesting to look at. Our total hike was 3.0 miles and I rate it as easy.Written 9 October 2021
- located in Calistoga (we were staying there) it is close and a great winery to start or end your day. It's amazing to see how close fires have come and all the destruction they have caused.
Staff was excellent and informative, property is exceptional and understanding the technology and wine making process was worth the visit. There is also amazing art on the property. we were in a group and several wanted to stay just a bit longer but we had to move on.
The barn is amazing and very comfortable with pretty good views. Good one to add to your list in that part of the valleyWritten 6 August 2022
- No water so no geyser. Nice guy working there shared that it would be unlikely to be going within an hour so we left. We will be back to see it in action.Written 10 March 2022
- This trip we were trying to focus on small family owned wineries in the Calistoga area and Tedeschi Family was a winner. They produce about 2,000 cases/year. Our host, Stephanie, took care of 3 tables of guests and it actually allowed us plenty of time to taste and chat about the wines. Met some club owners who had great things to say. Great variety of wines from Blanc de Blanc to Barbara, to Petit Sirah, etc. Also ordered 2 charcuterie plates (for 5 of us) which were great and we even had food left. Looking forward to enjoying their wines through the club.Written 29 November 2021
- We visited Madrigal when our reservation at one of the large corporate wineries was lost. Our disappointment turned into a blessing as soon as we walked in. The staff welcomed us and served many delicious wines. They walked us through the property sharing amazing information. The owner also came by and chatted with us for quite a while. It was an awesome experience. I would definitely chose Madrigal over the other commercialized wineries. Highly recommend!Written 14 December 2021
- We were so happy that we booked a wine tasting at this cool winery. I loved the personal touch of the welcome sign with my name on it. The wines were delicious and the atmosphere is fantastic with so much to look at. The garage setting was different and the labels for the various wines are very creative. We had our own personal wine expert who taught us a lot about the Tank Garage wines plus answered our many questions. You also get your wine tasting cost taken off when you purchase 3 bottles of wine. We would go back there again for sure! Thank you for such an awesome experience!Written 4 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Calistoga
- The best day trips from Calistoga according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Private Sonoma and Napa Wine Tour from San Francisco
- 8-Hour Private Sonoma or Napa Wine Tour with Concierge Service
- 6-Hour Private Limousine Tour for Napa and Sonoma Valley Wineries
- 8-Hour Custom Private Napa and Sonoma Wine Tour
- Napa Valley and Sonoma, Wine Tours
- The most popular things to do in Calistoga with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Calistoga on Tripadvisor