Top Attractions in Bavaro
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Amazing white sand and clear water near Lopesan Costa Bavaro hotel, to the left and right sides of the hotel near Barcelo Bavaro and Melia hotels tons of seaweed, impossible to even get in the water (just an unlucky period for them)Written 12 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent family church. Sunday parish very identified with his community. Good decision of Father Heziquio. We congratulate everyone.Written 24 May 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A few older slot machines and a few newer ones. Had to pay for a bottled beer but cheap drinks were free(if you dare). They didnt sit there and stare at you anyway. Small casino but larger than at any of the resorts except Hard Rock of course.Written 2 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- this felt more modernized. I go to see the people and the culture, this was just like shopping at homeWritten 4 September 2019
- Excellent place, beautiful beach with a nice restaurant where you can rent a tent as well. Only Spanish speeking personnel. The road to the beach is a challenge. It's reached best with an off road vehicle. However we've made it with a small rental carWritten 24 May 2021
- we visited this beautiful cave from taking a buggie tour and it was well worth it. the picturesque cave is so beautiful. It had long lines with locals and visitors trying to get in the cave pool. I couldn't get to dive in cause my son did not want to dive so I couldn't leave him. but taking pictures and just being there was all worth it for us. Thank me later when you see this beautiful cave. enjoyWritten 21 August 2019
- We just want something close that we could walk to from our place. We found this great place that was kind of off the beaten path. They had cold Presidente and different stuff than what we had found in the other gift shopsWritten 7 July 2016
- We had a terrible experience with Los Corales tours with "Happy Joe" as he called himself. We booked a tour to Saona Island. We were promised breakfast, lunch and open bar with unlimited beer. We had to transfer buses and alot of wasted time waiting for another bus. Happy Joe lied about breakfast since we did not get one and where we stopped it had no breakfast to even buy. There was no unlimited beer with only rum offered in small cups with no ice. We asked if there was shade on the catamaran. No seats and we had to sit on the side with the hot sun! They mentioned lobster and it ended up with very dry chicken and porkchops and to top it off can spaghetti. So many other tours so we had no seats on the beach and disgusting dirty bathrooms. We were overcharged by triple the real price and asked for a discount. Happy Joe made all sorts of excuses and ended giving us alittle of a discount but aggressively demanded a big tip and asked how much we were giving. It was the worst excursion we have been on with all the lies!!Written 14 April 2022
- Pretty large market just outside 4 resorts. It was a 20 minute walk from the Riu Republica so no need to take a cab. Has the typical trinket souvenirs but also sells cigars and some Dominican rum like Barcelo Imperial for $25US, which is why I give it 3/5 instead of 2/5. There are about 2 dozen stores but they all sell the same product and be ready for some very pushy sales. If you can't deal with that, don't go. If you love to haggle, this was made for you.Written 18 March 2020
- Amazing, Fran is the best, and many activies to do with friends. Zipline, horses and dune buggies are very fun to do!Written 13 August 2022
- My (preteen) kids loved it, we loved it. Highly recommend. The snorkeling was great, as was the dance party in the water as the sun was starting to set.Written 16 July 2022
- I strongly recommend everyone to take this tour.
It is a full day where you go to multiple beaches and sites (snorkeling is also included) and even though we go to a lot of places, Pedrito and his crew make sure that we spend plenty of time in each place and we were never rushed, I dont know how they do it.
The whole crew was amazing, sweet, well organized and very concearned about everyone's well being.
We were in a smaller group than what you see in most tours, so it was a bit more private, but still a lot of fun aboard!
Thank you Pedrito and crew, you rock!
Obrigada 😊Written 20 May 2022
- Very interesting mission, friendly personnel, Wilfredo and Bielka did a great work!!! had a great experience!Written 23 July 2022
- Melvin and Ramon were great! They explained everything very well the monkey experience is a must if you come visit’ will definitely recommend to all my friends and family.Written 14 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Bavaro
- The best day trips from Bavaro according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Discovery Package: Snorkeling Cruise and Dune buggy Adventure At Punta Cana
- Saona Island Paradise From Punta Cana
- Saona Island Tour with Snorkeling Free, From Punta Cana
- Full-Day Cruise to Saona Island - free snorkeling, lunch & open bar
- Saona Island Private Small Group