Admission tickets from R 196
What travellers are saying
- I don't normally do caves but we gave it a try. Our guide, Zano did a great job of guiding us through the various chambers and sharing cave info. He was great with a large group, loud kids and those that didn't quite follow instructions. He was the best! The cave is very uninteresting and the drive to the caves is beautiful.Written 25 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our international guests really enjoyed their experience at Cango Wildfire.
A big 🤝 to all the conservation efforts at this site.
We always include a visit to this sanctuary when touring the Garden Route.
Virgil was a very engaging guide as well. Full of humour too. One can tell that he loves his job.Written 24 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The drive up here is absolutely beautiful. The first part of the gravel you should take carefully. Sadly, my height anxiety didn't let me continue any further. We did stop mid way and walk a bit of one of the trails. It's an absolutely amazing place to see.Written 25 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Highgate Ostrich show farm near Oudshoom was delightful. Our group had a private tour that was very informative. Later we had a chance to walk around and look at the Ostrich and feed them if interested in doing so.
There is a gift shop with things such as ostrich feather dusters. There is also a restaurant- worth a visit.Written 16 November 2023
- My girlfriend and I had a guided tour today. We had the tour of the ostrich farm guided by Beverly and enjoyed it very much. The ostriches come very close and you can feed them. Beverly is very skilled and has a lot of knowledge that she likes to share. After the tour we ate a chicken and ostrich wrap, which were very tasty. Thank you!Written 7 May 2023
- A stop that never disappoints. However... Karusa is not Pet Friendly, but one of the owers black dog, Frikkke runs around. Some couples with small children were stressed out and kids stayed in ther pram because parents were worried about dog.Written 6 December 2023
- Absolutely brilliant!
It's an early start in order to meet up before sunrise but well worth it.
We walked to our viewing position and then within 15 minutes the first two meerkats appeared, then a couple more, then the whole 'family' - sunning themselves in the first rays of the day.
The guides (especially Divi) were so knowledgeable about this 'family' of meerkats - dominant female, dominant male, outsiders welcomed into the 'family', mentors for the youngsters......
It was almost as if the guides felt that they were part of the extended meerkat 'family' and that, as a consequence, they then had the ability to invite us to join.
Such a privilege!Written 20 March 2023
- It is a farm and so the ostriches are in small paddocks but it was informative and our guide Bassie was excellent. On the way to Cango caves from Oudtshoorn and so easy to find and worth a visit.Written 12 November 2023
- So many restaurant meals are just mediocre or plain disappointing. The Wilgewandel restaurant lived up to its promise of excellent, traditional, affordable home-cooked meals. We returned for more the next day and the day after!Written 25 September 2023
- We booked in here to as a stop off and to break our drive up.
It was a lovely big apartment with plenty of space. There is load shedding in the area so be aware of power outages.
The restaurant was nice we had a lovely meal and the staff were all lovely.
It’s nice also see a few animals at the restaurant during our stay.
I would say just double check what is included and not.Written 3 December 2023
- We just happened upon this lovely reserve and waterfall. Neat and tidy and well kept. Pretty walk, clean toilets and a nice picnic area. Well worth the drive off the main roads.Written 19 May 2022
- The self catering Stone Cottages were a great option. They were spacious, clean, comfortable and well equipped for a short self catering stay. The hotel receptionist was warm, welcoming and very helpful. Breakfast in the restaurant was of a good standard.
Would recommend this facility and would go again.Written 30 September 2021
- A great find - really worth visiting.
A truly fascinating collection of quirky items from Oudtshoorn (and locality) initially put together by a local dignatory (CP Nel).
It largely concentrates on the ostrich industry and the fortunes earned in its ostrich feather fashion heyday.
But then there is so much more - the recreated historical shops and stores using contemporary artefacts, the real old synagogue (within the museum) and the Jewish influences on the town, the old Boys High School (founded 1881) & Girls High School (founded 1882 - quite modern thinking!), an original 1800's ox-drawn wagon....
However, to my mind, the best was the original Edison Wax Cylinder player - such an iconic piece of history.Written 20 March 2023
- Splendid help and friendlyness assisted me immensely in choosing some items for my wife. I am sure that she will love the gems chosen within the silver piecesWritten 3 August 2022
- It was so interesting to visit the home of CJ Lagenhoven, stepping back in time. Each room is perfectly arranged and our guide gave us some interesting information on every room. I would definitely recommend the Arbeidsgenot to anyone visiting Oudtshoorn.Written 6 January 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Oudtshoorn
- The best day trips from Oudtshoorn according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Swartberg Mountain Circular ALL Inclusive Day Tour
- Cango Caves Oudtshoorn Day Tour
- Best-selling Oudtshoorn Day Tour
Oudtshoorn Attractions Information