- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
49 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 49
What travellers are saying
- Few locations that I have visited around the world provide the sheer magnitude and natural beauty of The Heads. A picturesque must-see location on your visit along the Garden Route.Written 25 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The place is amazing, the rooms of thr lodge, the workers... and of course the experience of watching the elephants sleeping and feeding them at the tour. Totally recommended.Written 6 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Incredible scenery, so much to do around here, walking, kayaking, bungee jump, waterfalls. Keep an eye out for all the wildlife as well!Written 5 March 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great walk along the beach, felt safe, same with the parking. Restaurant nearby looked basic as (almost) any small-dorpie (village) place on a South African beach, this seemed actually even better than most from a distance. Lifeguard on duty even. Good, safe place to come.Written 2 April 2022
- Absolutely gorgeous scenery. Johan our guide was informative and amusing. The meal was excellent and the venue and service were first class. Highly recommend this.Written 9 August 2022
- Hidden private beaches for early morning walks. Beautiful scenery and such a tranquil place to be at.Written 22 February 2022
- Two beaches really / one on the right as you drive there. And one more public in the village. Lovely views. Well worth a visit from KnysnaWritten 13 April 2021
- This is a good spot to get the feel of the Knysna forest. Its an easy walk around, cool, well cared for with friendly staff. One feels quite safe walking here.Written 11 November 2021
- The walk was beautiful. We only did the 3k as we were short on time. Incredibly serene and calming.
The road to the entrance was quite bumpy so take it slow in your car. We had a small vehicle and it was fine.
The walk was a little bit undulating and slippery in places so best in trainers and so may not be suitable for older people.Written 8 April 2022
- Wow! Wow! Wow!
We enjoyed it so much. The gin and beer are excellent. The setup with games is such a great idea. We enjoyed the music and just the all over atmosphere. Will visit again if we are in the areaWritten 15 June 2022
- A must do, and take your camera and swimming costume. Spectacular unique breathtaking nature walk on a vast coastline, exposing what lies beneath.Written 16 May 2021
- This is a short but intense hike with an absolutely magnificent river running through a gorge to swim and enjoy.
I have done this hike twice and swam in the tannin rich, coke a cola colours water. I was super surprised to see huge friendly eels this time. One was so tame it came to be petted. Next time I will take them some snacks (apparently they like chicken livers.) Very special hike!Written 14 February 2022
- Full disclosure - I met Jan years ago through a mutual friend. I knew at the time he dabbled in art but I had no idea the depths of his talents. I highly recommend a visit to his studio where you will find him at work on a new project. He'll happy take time out to explain his current project or to talk you through the other pieces on display. His work covers a range of styles and a range of subject matter and countries as Jan has traveled extensively. He also has pieces in a range of sizes and prices. You may even decide to pick up a scarf printed with one of his paintings on it. His latest body of work started during the pandemic lockdown and involves cutting butterfly shapes out of plastic bottles by hand, painting them, and gluing them to a canvas to create a picture of their own. Its a time intensive process but the results are stunning. Don't miss an opportunity to check out his internationally award winning work and to meet him in person. We're so glad to have a few of his pieces in our collection and look forward to visiting again when next we are in the area.Written 27 March 2022
- What a find! Not the easiest to locate … turn off N2 east of sedgefield on Lake Pleasant road … follow track until reach carpark at ocean.
We walked east along the beach for 5km then over dunes into inland path ‘Blombos’ back westwards which went high up over dunes/ridge offering stunning views
14km in total, took us 3hrs 30.
Well worth it!Written 7 August 2022
- Having grown up in Knysna, away for many years, and now back as a resident since eight years ago in Lake Brenton, this remains one of my favorite viewpoints of the Knysna lagoon and surrounds. I regularly stop here on my way to town just to “come down to earth”. So, so special. Highly recommended.Written 23 August 2021