- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
45 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 45
What travellers are saying
- Few locations that I have visited around the world provide the sheer magnitude and natural beauty of The Heads. A picturesque must-see location on your visit along the Garden Route.Written 25 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The place is amazing, the rooms of thr lodge, the workers... and of course the experience of watching the elephants sleeping and feeding them at the tour. Totally recommended.Written 6 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Incredible scenery, so much to do around here, walking, kayaking, bungee jump, waterfalls. Keep an eye out for all the wildlife as well!Written 5 March 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great walk along the beach, felt safe, same with the parking. Restaurant nearby looked basic as (almost) any small-dorpie (village) place on a South African beach, this seemed actually even better than most from a distance. Lifeguard on duty even. Good, safe place to come.Written 2 April 2022
- Absolutely gorgeous scenery. Johan our guide was informative and amusing. The meal was excellent and the venue and service were first class. Highly recommend this.Written 9 August 2022
- Excellent market, only downfall is that it is on a Saturday morning and the main food area closes early. (12.30).
Some really nice home cooked foods to be had.Written 20 June 2022
- Hidden private beaches for early morning walks. Beautiful scenery and such a tranquil place to be at.Written 22 February 2022
- Two beaches really / one on the right as you drive there. And one more public in the village. Lovely views. Well worth a visit from KnysnaWritten 13 April 2021
- This is by far my most favorite mountain pass road.
Stunning views around every corner.
It took us about 2.5 hours with a Jimny. I would recommend a high clearance vehicle but a 4x4 is not required when its dry.Written 24 April 2022
- This is a good spot to get the feel of the Knysna forest. Its an easy walk around, cool, well cared for with friendly staff. One feels quite safe walking here.Written 11 November 2021
- The walk was beautiful. We only did the 3k as we were short on time. Incredibly serene and calming.
The road to the entrance was quite bumpy so take it slow in your car. We had a small vehicle and it was fine.
The walk was a little bit undulating and slippery in places so best in trainers and so may not be suitable for older people.Written 8 April 2022
- Wow! Wow! Wow!
We enjoyed it so much. The gin and beer are excellent. The setup with games is such a great idea. We enjoyed the music and just the all over atmosphere. Will visit again if we are in the areaWritten 15 June 2022
- A must do, and take your camera and swimming costume. Spectacular unique breathtaking nature walk on a vast coastline, exposing what lies beneath.Written 16 May 2021
- Take a drive between George and Knysna on this old pass between the two towns. The road is filled with lush vegetation on either side and you really are taken back in time as you tend to travel through the forest.
The road from George to the Wilderness is tarred and if you want to travel to Knysna from the Wilderness, the road is not tarred.
From the Wilderness turnoff you can take an untarred road, with bad corrugations, to the look out point where looking down to watch the river that forms the outline of the map of AfricaWritten 27 January 2021
- This is a short but intense hike with an absolutely magnificent river running through a gorge to swim and enjoy.
I have done this hike twice and swam in the tannin rich, coke a cola colours water. I was super surprised to see huge friendly eels this time. One was so tame it came to be petted. Next time I will take them some snacks (apparently they like chicken livers.) Very special hike!Written 14 February 2022