- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Nature & Parks
Nature & Parks
6 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- The place is amazing, the rooms of thr lodge, the workers... and of course the experience of watching the elephants sleeping and feeding them at the tour. Totally recommended.Written 6 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The 4-hour tour (boat trip, truck, and walk with lunch) was absolutely wonderful. I would really recommend this for tourists and locals alike.
Gertie, our tour guide was fantastic, with all sorts of interesting informative facts about the area and expertly guiding us along the day. She makes everyone’s experience special in a unique way.
A wonderful addition to the experience is being able to be involved in “seeding” the area, after the fires and throwing seed balls down the mountain for pollination.
The lunch is excellent - I loved the salads and the pickled fish.
Highly recommended - you can’t go wrong with this tour.Written 13 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A must do, and take your camera and swimming costume. Spectacular unique breathtaking nature walk on a vast coastline, exposing what lies beneath.Written 16 May 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a find! Not the easiest to locate … turn off N2 east of sedgefield on Lake Pleasant road … follow track until reach carpark at ocean.
We walked east along the beach for 5km then over dunes into inland path ‘Blombos’ back westwards which went high up over dunes/ridge offering stunning views
14km in total, took us 3hrs 30.
Well worth it!Written 7 August 2022
- What an amazing hidden gem in the heart of Knysna, and also Knysna's best kept secret!!!
An oasis of peace and calm amid the hustle and bustle of KnysnaWritten 15 May 2022
- After the fires last year, all the accommodation and hiking trails are closed except the Buffels Bay circular walk.
Despite this it is still worth visiting to see the seabirds on the lagoonWritten 7 February 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Knysna
- These experiences are best for nature & wildlife areas in Knysna:
- Whale Watching Knysna - Close Encounter Experience Ocean Odyssey
- Knysna Lagoon Boat Cruises
- Knysna Scootour
- Knysna Oyster Tour
- Knysna Scootours
- These are the best places for couples seeking nature & wildlife areas in Knysna:See more nature & wildlife areas for couples in Knysna on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking nature & wildlife areas in Knysna:See more nature & wildlife areas for groups in Knysna on Tripadvisor
- These are the most romantic places for nature & wildlife areas in Knysna:See more romantic nature & wildlife areas in Knysna on Tripadvisor