- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
9 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Full disclosure - I met Jan years ago through a mutual friend. I knew at the time he dabbled in art but I had no idea the depths of his talents. I highly recommend a visit to his studio where you will find him at work on a new project. He'll happy take time out to explain his current project or to talk you through the other pieces on display. His work covers a range of styles and a range of subject matter and countries as Jan has traveled extensively. He also has pieces in a range of sizes and prices. You may even decide to pick up a scarf printed with one of his paintings on it. His latest body of work started during the pandemic lockdown and involves cutting butterfly shapes out of plastic bottles by hand, painting them, and gluing them to a canvas to create a picture of their own. Its a time intensive process but the results are stunning. Don't miss an opportunity to check out his internationally award winning work and to meet him in person. We're so glad to have a few of his pieces in our collection and look forward to visiting again when next we are in the area.Written 27 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Such an amazing experience! All bikes are kept original as arrived, not restored and keep their othenticity, and bikes that are one of a kind and super rare. Norman (the person in charge), provides great background on the bikes and stories of them that make you appreciate seeing them.
Definitely recommend this as a stop off for a reasonable price as wellWritten 25 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was a short visit, far too short, to the Gallery, I will do the tour in July on my return to Knysna.
Wow, what vibrant colours, what a variety. The paintings reflect an ideal of Africa, a simple Africa, a strong and vigorous Africa, a loving Africa.
In the back corner I was gobsmacked. Piles of tinned food, packets of flour, rice and maize meal? Peggy's support a soup kitchen, a creche. WOW, this lady and her team really share the love!!!
I cannot recommend a visit to this gallery highly enough.Written 15 June 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- spent a pleasant morning visiting. Bought a few unusual trinkets and plants. Also had very tasty churrosWritten 28 February 2022
- Its always nice to visit historical places of interest when we travel as a family.
Not only does it enrich and teach to protect and to preserve but shows us where we have come from.
The Museum has been gifted from the friends of Knysna to the municipality I hope they understand how important this is to protect this heritage.Written 15 April 2019
- Interesting building and information. We started with a guide but we wanted to read everything so left the guide after about 15 minutes ( she was very good). There is a small cafe within the building too.Written 2 October 2018
- Art on Queen is a little gem in the heart of Knysna. Helena Gerber, owner and artist, has created a beautiful coffee shop and art gallery where friends meet and people become friends with strangers they’ve only met!
Helena and her lovely staff have a way in greeting you like a lost friend they haven’t seen in a long time. A lovely place to go and have a super breakfast or lunch or sit and have coffee with the most delicious cakes in Knysna. The menu has a variety of very tasty breakfast or lunch dishes.
Art on Queen also offers a perfect spot for example book clubs to meet. There are separate rooms which gives you the privacy you need as a group or to sit in the beautiful gardens.
There is also a great selection of gifts to buy. Truly a gem in Knysna where people keep on returning for the ambiance and good food.Written 3 March 2022
- I enjoyed wandering around this treasure trove as there were so many items for sale. The individual rooms have different types of objects displayed in them... china, jewellery, clothing, objects d'art, whilst a variety of paintings grace the walls. There is also a really good cafe at the back of the building!Written 20 September 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Knysna
- These are the best places for budget-friendly museums in Knysna:See more budget-friendly museums in Knysna on Tripadvisor