Popular things to do
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- We walked most of this pathway and it was amazing to see a couple whales. We knew it was out of season but felt fortunate so see what we saw. Its a beautiful coast line.Written 10 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A stunning view for great photo opportunities to see whales and dasie. It was safe to walk this route and I love the art work, statues and snippets of history along the way.Written 20 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Easy to follow trails that can be mixed and matched. Great views of the coast, town and across to Walker Bay. A must visit whilst you’re here. Not very steep, well marked and good underfoot.Written 9 March 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great stalls and friendly people. Unique things for sale. Great atmosphere, very lively, great for food.Written 7 February 2023
- Lovely stay in the cottage. Fantastic tasting lunch with wine pairing. Delicious food cleverly paired with different creation wines.Written 6 March 2023
- This beach is truly amazing! It has lots of space to find a spot to set up for the day. There are also friendly lifeguards on duty. It's a great spot for surfing and good for families with small kids.Written 9 January 2022
- Just love this shop with stunning art works and really different gift ideas. Sadly due to Covid they had to move to the art walk close by. So worth making the effort to find them. The guys that own it are really friendly. We saw some wonderful work in progress when we were there. We truly hope that this latest outbreak doesn't affect them too much but we'll definitely be back. Sadly they didn't have the Ellies we were looking for but maybe next year.Written 22 December 2021
- Prior to this visit I hadn't been at the Sumaridge Wine Estate in a while and I must admit, I've been missing out. Sumaridge is one of those wine farms on the Hemel-and-Aarde wine route that is a must visit! Starting off, their wine is excellent. Our group was impressed with almost all of their wines (from their entry level to their flagship range), except their Pinot Noir MCC which wasn't quite to our taste. The tasting room is beautiful both on the exterior (architecture) and the interior, and there is a big dam right next to it making for great photo opportunities. You can also order something to eat with one couple enjoying a mini-fondue infront of the beautiful fireplace. The lady that presented the tasting was also very friendly. We really enjoyed our time there and will definitely be back.Written 4 December 2020
- There are some tremendous opportunities and some great opportunities to take some fantastic scenic photographs right along this route. If you are ever in the area you must try to visit.Written 31 January 2023
- We drove over from Hermanus and found it remarkably difficult to find, with no obvious signage. Even had to stop at tourist info to ask, and still ended up driving round the houses. Well worth the effort cos the beach, dunes and coast line make for a great walk. Be sure to have some money cos it’s 30 rand pp.Written 9 March 2023
- It is a relatively steep climb to the top. The path is paved. Once there you have a spectacular 360 degree of Hermanus and the ocean. Excellent place for taking pictures.Written 19 October 2021
- Lovely location. Several tasting and pairing options available. The charcuterie was fresh and plenty for 2 people. Service was friendly, and wine knowledge was excellent.Written 2 December 2023
- I tried many spots to see Whales but this spot is definitely aptly named. Did not see whales but saw lovely crashing waves, which I always find excitingWritten 28 September 2019
- We arrived late on the day and were the only visitors. We had the full attention and heard some great stories. Wine was great - but some a little pricey. Join their “wine club” beforehand for discounts !Written 2 December 2023
- We were at Onrus Beach recently on a pretty windy day. There is a large Sandy beach there and we spent a bit of time watching the kite surfers taking off from the beach and then crashing over the waves. It would be a nice place to go on a calm day with the sun out, which unfortunately was not the case for us!Written 28 January 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Hermanus
- The best day trips from Hermanus according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Marine Big 5 Safari with transport from Hermanus
- Hermanus Whale Watching Shared Boat Trip and Private Wine Tour from Cape Town
- From Cape Town: Full Day Guided Hermanus Explorer Tour
- Cape Agulhas Full Day tour
- Whale Watching Tour in Hermanus with Hotel Pickup
Hermanus Attractions Information