- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
8 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- This is a great local market that offers free parking and an easy drive from the coast. The market requires masks to enter and is encouraging hand sanitisation and social distancing. It had lots of different food stalls offering local and worldwide produce and local handmade good to buy and very easy to walk around. There was a great atmosphere and a train/tractor ride for the little ones to enjoy.
The venue is also dog friendly.Written 2 January 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is a modern shopping center conveniently located right on the Garden route between George and Wilderness. The place is easily accessible by car, less so with public transport or on foot (5 km from the center of George).
A wide range of shops and services are available to (well-to-do) people. I had a problem with my cellphone that could be easily fixed at one of the many electronic outlets. In addition to supermarkets such as a Pick and Pay, there are several banks and ATMs, but also stores selling clothes, footwear and sports items. Several fastfood outlets as well as restaurants complement the sales sections.
The mall is airconditioned and level. Overall a convenient place to stopover for travellers and residents in the area.Written 21 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Cape Palette Art Gallery in George is one of our favourite galleries to visit and is always a treat for the eyes. We always come home with a beautiful artwork. Well worth a visit with great variety and affordable prices. And also great to chat to Doris and Leander who can advise on artwork and framing. I can’t wait for our next visit.Written 16 May 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Restaurant: Zesto Cafe George
Location: in Eden Meander lifestyle Centre with convenient shopping
Situated: at the entrance
Meal: delicious served very professionally, we enjoyed a pinch Spanokopita and A salmon pita with Greek salad , a cappuccino, Chai latte
Special features: ambiance and relaxed feel
Prices: bit high for light meals
WiFi: not working properlyWritten 28 December 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My hubby and I decided to pop in to Wonki Wear as we passed through the Garden Route heading to the Eastern Cape. We were looking for some platters and gifts for Christmas and got more than we bargained for! Do yourselves a favour and arrange to stop over and have lunch there too!
Their restaurant is in a class of its own. Chilled, unpretentious, outdoor and indoor tables and the best pizza (better than I’ve had in Italian restaurants 🤗). The service was fantastic and everything was served on Wonki ware!
We spotted 2 young girls painting crockery at one of the tables and we asked them what they were doing. They told us that you can buy raw items from the shop and paint them yourselves...you come back a couple of days later and voila!!! ....you’ve got your own personalised Wonki Ware. We felt it’s a great idea if you have kids, or you want to get creative yourself with some friends.
After our lunch we explored the shop. One room after another and another filled with plates, platters and bowls of all sizes, all shapes and all colours! There’s jugs, mugs, serving spoons, tiny sushi bowls, pots for plants, too much to mention....and a section of clothing, bags, shoes, scarves, and accessories!
I’ve been driving through George for years between the Eastern and Western Cape, but now I definitely have a reason to stop over in George. 🤗Written 6 December 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Clotted cream fudge, the best fudge I have ever tasted. I don't live in George but close by and whoever goes to George that I know, always has to bring back Clotted Cream Fudge.Written 5 July 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- WOW, just WOW. Such a beautiful place and the food is AMAZING!!!!!!
The perfect place for a intimate wedding!!!!Written 9 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.