What travellers are saying
- Hey! Hilda here! I was not sure I would manage because a friend had warned me about it. But it was this warning that took me there, to see what makes it dangerous. A few metres into the climb I totally forgot the dangers! The spectacular views of the city and the ocean below, the breathtaking rock formations, the surrounding mountain ranges... wow!
As I used my legs, my arms, my knees, my elbows and my upper body to climb over rocks, I still said; give me a Mountain, any day!Written 16 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Everything about contact and the welcome we were given was exceptional. The volunteers on the farm were so friendly as well. Our Guide on the ride was patient and attentive as it was my son’s first ride.
The owner (I’m so sorry for forgetting her name) was super hospitable and helpful even when we had to wait for our Uber.
When in Cape Town again, this would be the place I will return to!
Thank you for our experienceWritten 8 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Did the four day trial from Simons Town to Kommetjie. Easy Start but very scary route at end because of all the muggings happening in this area. From Kommetjie to Noordhoek where we had to get a guesthouse in town. Very nice route all along the beach. 3rd day was the toughest, because of poorly marked route we ended up walking 25 km getting lost as well searching for Orange Kloof tented camps. Last day we went up the table mountain, and had to walk it down again, as cable car was closed due to weather. This is a difficult trial, and did test me on the last day. We experience beautiful sightings and were very happy with SAN Parks accommodation and all their staff at both the tented camps.Written 21 September 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Went up Lion Head in group of 4 tourists. Company used was OTC Adventues (Cliff). Originally was to be Table Mountain but too misty so switched to Lion Head.
Everything went smoothly and it was well organised. The Leader - Cliff - was very sociabel and well used to dealing with groups and ensuring that everyone was able to get up and down comfortably!
Would go again with OTC.Written 27 December 2019
- Visited as part of a full day trip of the peninsula and this was the highlight. Very busy and lots of steps though you could take the venicular railway to save some effort. Scenery is outstanding.Written 14 February 2019
- Warning- if you have no experience mountaineering you will need a guide and please don't wear freaking trainers!!! This is the best way up the mountain and the views are stunning, vey steep and lots of scrambling, small sections of climbing. Would not recommend going back down this way!Written 12 February 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Cape Town Central
- These experiences are best for hiking trails in Cape Town Central:
- MUST DO: Cape Peninsula Tour & Good Hope from Cape Town! #1 Rated
- Lion's Head Sunrise/Sunset Hike from Cape Town
- Table Mountain Adventurous Hike & Cable Car Down
- Hike Table Mountain or Lions Head in Cape Town Like a Local
- Table Mountain Summit Hike via Kasteelspoort in Cape Town