- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
30 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Excellent ! Had a lovely time and superb service by Ewan thank you we enjoyed the view of harbour and quietness with no cars nor childrenWritten 29 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My wife found these reasonable priced tickets for a pre Valentine celebration play. It was a very casual evening. It was not well attended but we really had a good time. Will recommend for a budget evening of good value entertainmentWritten 13 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Tables are first come first serve basis, so it is good to be early. Half price on drinks and meals available between 18:00 & 19:00. This gives plenty of time to chat before the show starts at 20:30. Definitely get your order in early, otherwise you wait for a long time. The burgers were average. The salad looked the best, but arrived at our table 30 mins after the burgers. The more people arrive for the show, the busier and noisier it became and tricky for waitrons and customers to navigate between tables. The comedy was good. After the show there is a long line to queue up at the bar for your bill.Written 30 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent service, great atmosphere, lovely drinks and bar staff - a must visit if you're in Cape Town!Written 10 June 2022
- Cocktails in Cape Town anyone? Don't look further than Fable so the most delicious cocktails in town. Great service, good tunes and awesome vibes.Written 2 July 2022
- Popped in for a spot of brunch. Surroundings, atmosphere and service first class - club sandwich could have done with a bit more flavour and punch - all a bit bland! The teas are fantastic and the scones real good. Lovely gardens.Written 3 February 2019
- Always come here for drinks and decided to actually try their food on their Wednesday Tappas & wine night. I am SOLD! Absolutely delicious! enjoyed every course as well as the wine tasting. service was spot on and had an amazing night. I would definately recommend and return!Written 25 February 2020
- Had a very enjoyable and memorable evening in The Crypt. Club is located in the crypt of St George's Cathedral in central Cape Town so a very interesting location. It's quite a small area but we found the service to be good, the food was tasty and the jazz show was great.Written 7 February 2020
- Nice bar with interesting decor, cowboy style, friendly staff and easy parking, small but a nice atmosphere.Written 22 March 2018
- Invited to attend a friend's birthday party here on a Friday night. I didn't know what to expect, as the is some mixed reviews of this place. They charge about 40-50 ZAR entrance pp. Drinks were not to expensive. At first the venue was a lil empty, but around 10pm, the crowd picked up. Everyone ends up singing, no matter of the people on stage are struggling, everyone in the crowd felt seemed like they enjoyed it.
It was definitely a good vibe. We had an amazing night.
The place itself isn't too bad, but there needs to be more ventilation. It gets super hot inside!
I would definitely go again!Written 3 December 2017
- You'll have to go up a couple of flights of stairs to get to your drink. Keep climbing, though, because if you're as lucky as I was, you and your friends could be enjoying your drinks on The Waiting Room's roof, which overlooks Long Street; it was quite a surprise because I didn't really know the roof was accessible. Having our drinks up in the air, gave our night out a good spin.
Don't drink too much, though; you'll have to go down all those steps to get out . . . ;)Written 18 June 2017
- ThirtyOne, formerly Hemisphere, offers spectacular views of the city. The club is popular for functions and events, but attendees to regular nights out are fewer and further between. A high end club that caters for the wealthy, it is still a fun night out that skips the hustle and bustle you find on Long Street.Written 22 December 2017
- The decor is interesting and gives the impression to have landed in the jungle...
The staff was very friendly, but the service was a bit slow to start and a bit to quick after having started...
The food (part of the restaurant week menu was OK. The pizette at the starter was amazing, the fish was a bit too fishy for me (personal taste), due to the seafood sauce, but the meat was apparently cooked to perfection and very tender... My desert was not amazing, but the cognac flamed ice cream was a success.
The Chef came to our table to explain the different dishes we order, which was quite nice and gave a personal and human touch...
It was overall a nice evening, but I doubt I'll come back here again.Written 22 October 2020
- After a long international flight and a bit of a nap, we pulled up our bootstraps and set out for a low key New Year’s celebration. This fit us neatly with a very reasonable prix fixe drink and appetizer package, good music and a welcoming band of locals in this cozy, tucked away spot. We even were treated to the “local special” by a Capetown welcomer. Had a good laugh when we found out it was Southern Comfort. Great memories and a warm embrace here for some weary travelers.Written 20 October 2019
- We stumbled upon this bar last night and had such a great time.
There was a band playing at the time called 'The sweet resistance' who certainly knew how to entertain and the lead singer had amazing vocals.
The bar is great with some of the best service in Cape Town, so put it on your itinerary and make sure you visit and absorb some local cultureWritten 26 February 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Cape Town Central