- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Food & Drink
353 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 353
What travellers are saying
- The estate grounds and buildings are picturesque. Our party partook in the wine tasting experience - some opted for the 7 wine tasting, while offers opted for the 3 wine and chocolate pairing tasting. The sampled wines and chocolate were outstanding. Our host Matt was incredible informative with each wine that we sampled, and followed-up with a private tour of the winery. The apt-named Cathedral aging room, where approximate 5,000 barrels are stored, is spectacular. Prior to leaving, we purchased a half-dozens bottles of our favorite wines that we enjoyed over the next week of our South African adventure. This vineyard is a must stop when visiting the Stellenbosch/ Franschhoek wine region.Written 25 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Had an amazing time at Spier doing their Seaward Sip & Soup Tasting. Delicious wines perfectly paired with tantalising soups. Highly recommend that everyone gives this one a try and be sure to ask for Chrizelle. Her obvious passion for the wines she serves is infectious and she really makes the entire experience both interesting and highly entertaining. She really is an asset to the estate. She is very knowledgeable , attentive and has excellent people skills. We will definitely be back to try the Spring pairing offering.Written 6 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Just beautiful surroundings and fab wines and food. We came here as a party of 7 including 2 teens (15 and 17). We all did the wine tasting then ate a lovely meal. Chilling in the beautiful surroundings was a highlight of the holidayWritten 21 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had the best picnic experience here, ever! You can rent a little "pod", a private area, where they set up umbrellas, blankets, and your own basket of food. The vegetarian options were to die for, and the rose was refreshing. We will definitely be back.Written 21 July 2022
- What a great Restaurant, warm welcome, excellent food, excellent people, beautiful farm. 1000/10
Hint, het the green tobasco😀😀Written 14 July 2022
- We went there on a busy Sunday and still managed to great service from our friendly ambassador Murdo. Will definitely be back again :)Written 19 December 2021
- Wonderful experience of wine testing guided by a charming lady that explained us in details also the complicated work behind the production of these stunning wines! If you happen in Cape Town don’t miss it!Written 26 July 2022
- Great waitresses and fantastic food to share!!!
Cosy inside with the fire!
The picnic style share plates are a must. The selection and variety and taste is all on par with some of the highest quality! Delicious and well worth it!Written 26 May 2022
- Such a pleasant place to be and relaxed in the nature to enjoy your handmade wine and your cappuccino with the ducks company
Special thanks to Lungie & ShaunWritten 24 April 2021
- We recently visited La Motte on a vacation from the US. There were eight of us. We made an appointment for a cellar tour and tasting. We were welcomed by Amy with a glass of delicious Sav Blanc. She led us on an informative and succinct tour of the wine production facility. We then sat for a tasting of their delightful wines. Amy was very knowledgeable, professional and friendly. The tasting area is beautiful. The estate is magnificent. The museum is definitely worth the visit. We would have loved to spend more time in the museum but we had another appointment. They also have a beautiful shop on the property. We had a wonderful experience at La Motte and would highly recommend it. I hope to return someday!Written 31 July 2022
- You must try Takara wines if you have not. We had such a wonderful time wine tasting there. The red wines drew me to the place but I really enjoyed their whites as well. We walked away with a few Dottie’s of their sparkling wine. Try it. You won’t be disappointed. Our host was so attentive and knowledgeable.Written 10 July 2022
- Springfield wines have been a favourite for many years and visiting the cellar was a wonderful experience. The service was excellent and ALL the wines good. We could still buy from last years vintage and cannot wait to taste the new wines that are in processing. We bought our favourites: Life from Stone and Miss Lucy. One of the waiters overheard me saying to my husband that I would love to taste the 1981 Chardonay, after we had finished our choice of five. The next moment she arrived with a complimentary glass for us. Wow, probably one of the BEST wines I have ever tasted. Rather expensive, but we purchased one for a friend who is a wine collector. cannot wait to hear his response.
We shall never pass here without tasing AND buying good wine !!Written 20 April 2022
- The wine was so good.Henry was an amazing company!. Had a blast with good food, great wine and wonderful company.Written 31 December 2019
- Lovely winter afternoon, was suggested to book into a cave, turned out to be a great suggestion for the overcast and cool day.
Had the winetasting experience with a cheese and meat platter, lovely update on some well loved wines.
Mike was great, even giving our designated driver a tongue in cheek tasting notes for her grapetizer. Go twice a year, always worth it .Written 4 August 2022
- You have to visit Lomond Winery when you are in the Overberg region. By far the best wine estate. Gorgeous wines, fabulous platters and knowledgeable and friendly staff. Relaxed beautiful setting :)Written 25 April 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Western Cape
- These experiences are best for wineries & vineyards in Western Cape:
- African Story Wine Tours in the Cape Winelands
- Full-Day Franschhoek Hop On Hop Off Wine Tram Tour from Cape Town
- Paarl, Franschhoek and Stellenbosch Wine Tour from Cape Town
- Full-Day Stellenbosch, Franschhoek and Paarl Wine Tasting Tour from Cape Town
- Stellenbosch and Franschhoek Winelands Full Day Shared Tour from Cape Town