Speciality Museums • Natural History Museums
Top Attractions in Pilanesberg National Park
What travellers are saying
- We are regular visitors to the North West as we love the Pilansberg National Game Park. A google search to discover what else the area had to offer alerted us to the existence of this oasis of historical culture housed in a century old school house and incorporating within it's museum precincts a colonial church, lavish gardens and a splendid auditorium shaded by a wooden pole roof and a magnificent PaperBark Acacia. A keen and passionate young woman proudly guided us through the very thorough exhibitions weaving a tale of African lore that has embraced modernity but still takes pride in it's provenance. We were entranced for several hours!
It is such a pity that this museum appears to be so unknown - it should be marketed at all the prolific game lodges in the area to encourage visitors - not only to generate interest in a culture so different yet so similar to a collective humanity - but more importantly to generate revenue. We would like to see this interest manifest itself in a thriving centre with all the planned activities available and the coffee shop catering to those visitors.
If you find yourself in the area ... just go. I cannot recommend it enough.Written 8 December 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- It was such a pleasure arriving from all over SA to a fully kitted out camp set up impeccably with every detail covered - food, beds, towels, chairs etc. With 8 of us, this was no easy task. Activities were expertly arranged and significantly enriched by Hans' deep and detailed knowledge of the bush and geography. Would highly recommend Hans for your next bush break.Written 23 July 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Staff very friendly and the treatments were great! Mpho and her colleague where professional, friendly and the massage itself was very relaxing and great thank you!Written 18 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Pilanesberg National Park
- The top attractions to visit in Pilanesberg National Park are: See all attractions in Pilanesberg National Park on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Pilanesberg National Park according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Full-Day Pilanesburg Nature Reserve Tour
- Full Day Exquisite Pilanesberg Safari from Johannesburg
- Deluxe Safari of Pilanesberg Nature Reserve
- One day Safari to Pilanesberg including a 6 Hour Open Safari Vehicle Drive
- Full Day Pilanesberg National Park Safari